Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Can Magento allow my customers to select bundle item amounts and select multiple products? 

zachzelner

Total Posts:  2

Hi everyone,
I run a cookie delivery business. We have 9 different flavors. I have a package (bundle) where people get 12 cookies for $9.99. I need them to select what quantity of each cookie they want. For example:

Chocolate Chip Cookie : 4
Oatmeal Raisin: 8
Macadamia Nut: 0

Etc.

How could I accomplish this?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Store_Manager
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  867

Hello,

As far as I know, in Magento there is no possibility to limit the quantity of the product purchased.
So you can put some special price for the products, but you won’t be limit the general quantity to no more than 12.

But there is the possibility to set tier prices for the products. For example, the cookie originally costs $1, but if the person purchases 12 and more variants of that cookie he can get each for lets say 75 cents.
I guess grouped product is more user-friendly for that situation, since there quantity will be seen next to “Add to cart” button, check the screen-shot attached.

Image Attachments
tier prices.jpg

Magento Community
Magento Community

zachzelner

Total Posts:  2

Hey there,
Thanks for the response, sorry for not getting back to you. Could this be coded into Magento? Just total qty on bundled options has to equal =12, no less or more?

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community