Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 1 of 2
speed up magento (help me)! 

dong113vn

Total Posts:  16

hi, i’m new magento,
my site load very slow: 4-.....
time to first byte about 1.5-....

i turn on Debug Profiler in admin, this’s resurl:

Executed 61 queries in 0.139698982239 seconds
Average query length: 0.00229014724982 seconds
Queries per second: 436.653145373
Longest query length: 0.0692479610443

server very good, trafic > 500GB
link test speed

i use magento 1.6
please help me,
Thanks all

Image Attachments
speedup.png
Image Attachments
speedup.png

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

rvass

Total Posts:  25

As a first step i would recommend optimising all your images, as you can see from your image you uploaded some of them are taking quite a bit of time and could be a lot smaller.
Secondly if not already doing it and depending on your server environment enable opcode caching (something like xcache)
Consider delivering the images on your site via a CDN as this will vastly improve the speed
Install the extension Fooman Speedster.

The above is just a start but you should see quite a bit of improvement once completed.

Good Luck

Magento Community
Magento Community

dong113vn

Total Posts:  16

i had Installed the extension Fooman Speedster.
but it merge css error
how can you guide about xcache?
and what type server i use for CDN?

thanks pro!

Magento Community
Magento Community

maxelson

Total Posts:  8

Make sure you’re using only needed extensions and modules, as they require much resources. Also, you may combine images into CSS sprites, it’ll reduce their size.

Here’s more info about optimising Magento performance.

Actually, there are many ways of speeding Magento, but I think it is important to locate what is slowing down your site first.

I’m using Shopping Cart Diagnostics webservice for this. It test the store and see what is the page loading time, server response time and find out what ‘kills’ its speed and make the site load much faster.

You can find more information about this service here: http://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect/shopping-cart-deep-diagnostics-6157.html

Magento Community
Magento Community

mrploddy

Total Posts:  13

Have you considered installing and configuring varnish?

If your traffic is 500GB+ per month you should be considering a 3 server solution with Varnish and memcached and a full page cache module.

Magento Community
Magento Community

shellyg

Total Posts:  1

To speed up you store first, try to reduce the number of images. It means, you need to combine several images into one. In other words to turn several HTML requests into one single request. Keeping your store up-to-date with the latest improvements is the second step.  This will help with Magento speed.
The third issue is the hosting you choose for your store, as it has the greatest impact on your Magento performance as well. But if there is any error, you can check your store with online service shopping cart diagnostics and it will show you what slows down response time and page load time. You can also try Crucial web hosting or something else , but i use scd. It is the most cheaper and prompt solution for me.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Dx3webs

Total Posts:  178

You need a new host.. seriously, a magento optimised host will get your page loads down to < 1 second.

Magento Community
Magento Community

MagenX
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  791
Dublin

run away from this provider,
12.76 trans/sec @ 1.71 secs each

MageMojo The global leader in Magento hosting performance!
i will get you better and cheaper server. faster magento shop configuration.
support as well.

send me a message.

cheers

Magento Community
Magento Community

bond007

Total Posts:  2

MagenX - 15 October 2012 03:25 PM

run away from this provider,
12.76 trans/sec @ 1.71 secs each

MageMojo The global leader in Magento hosting performance!
i will get you better and cheaper server. faster magento shop configuration.
support as well.

send me a message.
cheers

I have to agree with MagenX in that the hosting provider you are using is holding you back.

Magento Community
Magento Community

VerveUK

Total Posts:  10

Whilst it will certainly help in your case don’t be fooled by everyone saying that a new host will solve all your problems.
If your site is poorly optimised, large image files, poor CSS, loads of loaded modules, slow external files, bad theme coding etc etc etc then no matter what server you have your site will remain slow.

Magento Community
Magento Community

WebhostUK LTD

Total Posts:  163
UK

StickyLizard - 21 October 2012 01:29 AM

Whilst it will certainly help in your case don’t be fooled by everyone saying that a new host will solve all your problems.
If your site is poorly optimised, large image files, poor CSS, loads of loaded modules, slow external files, bad theme coding etc etc etc then no matter what server you have your site will remain slow.

I will 100% agree with your advice , first you will have to optimize your images, CSS to reduce page load time.

Then will the part of server performance to help you get better speed.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Mirasvit
Guru

Total Posts:  639

hi, You can solve this problem using asynchronus queue. Check this one Fast Asynchronous Re-indexing http://mirasvit.com/magento-extensions/magento-asynchronous-reindex.html. After each product/category save this extension move reindex task to queue and process this queue as background process in cron.

Magento Community
Magento Community

AITOC
Guru

Total Posts:  618
US

Hello,

You can speed up the performance of your Magento with Magento Booster extension. With this extension, your customers will enjoy higher Magento performance, and you will benefit from lower server load and higher conversion rate.

AITOC Magento Booster extension fully caches the pages and, without initializing Magento, provides your visitors with ready output that takes significantly less time to load. It also deflates the size of the JavaScript code on your website, which contributes to the faster page rendering. As a result the extension lowers the server load, which means your server can handle more visitors simultaneously

It’s quite frustrating to have your server overloaded or crashed when trade is brisk and sales are booming. Neither is it a good thing to happen to a fledging e-commerce company still busy building up credibility with customers. Crash prevention is a serious issue and a valid goal. And even if your server is powerful enough and properly customized it is still useful to keep an eye on it, monitor your Magento store traffic load page by page.

You can get a comprehensive overview of load-related processes essential for trouble-free performance of server with a help of Server Load Monitor. Apart from providing Admin with the necessary statistics, Server Load Monitor sends alerts about critical load peaks.

Here are the series of articles from our company intended for performance increasing of the Magento based stores:
Recommended Magento Server Configuration;
Magento Software Requirements;
Speed up Magento 2 times in 3 simple steps;
Using APC to speed up Magento.

Thank you.

Magento Community
Magento Community

serpyre
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  771

Try this http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewreply/453373/

Magento Community
Magento Community

pablowonland

Total Posts:  2

dong113vn - 23 September 2012 11:52 PM

hi, i’m new magento,
my site load very slow: 4-.....
time to first byte about 1.5-....

I has just done a quick google search and see this article, look useful http://magento2x.com/speed-up-magento/

Magento Community
Magento Community

DTBD

Total Posts:  5

Our site was taking 12 seconds to load which was awful. Having reviewed all the speed extensions available we decided to opt for a tailored service which was done for our website specifically - it wasn’t a one-size-fits-all solution which I didn’t like the sound of. We used Goivvy’s Magento Speed Optimisation Service which got our page loading times down from 12 seconds to 4 seconds.

Have a look they’ll give you a free quote:magento speed

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 1 of 2