Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Search returns empty result

kiatng
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  875
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

If your search always return empty result for both quick search and advanced search:
Your search returns no results.
No items were found using the following search criteria. Modify your search

Then go to app/code/core/Mage/Catalog/Model/Product/Visibility.php and change the following from

/**
     * Add visibility in searchfilter to collection
     * @deprecated
     * @param Mage_Eav_Model_Entity_Collection_Abstract $collection
     * @return Mage_Catalog_Model_Product_Visibility
     */
    public function addVisibleInSearchFilterToCollection(Mage_Eav_Model_Entity_Collection_Abstract $collection)

{
        $collection
->setVisibility($this->getVisibleInSearchIds());

//$collection->addAttributeToFilter('visibility', array('in'=>$this->getVisibleInSearchIds()));

return $this;

}

to

/**
     * Add visibility in searchfilter to collection
     * @deprecated
     * @param Mage_Eav_Model_Entity_Collection_Abstract $collection
     * @return Mage_Catalog_Model_Product_Visibility
     */
    public function addVisibleInSearchFilterToCollection(Mage_Eav_Model_Entity_Collection_Abstract $collection)

{

//$collection->setVisibility($this->getVisibleInSearchIds()); //comment this

$collection->addAttributeToFilter('visibility', array('in'=>$this->getVisibleInSearchIds())); //uncomment this

return $this;

}

This happened to me on ver 1.7.0.2, but cannot be reproduced in the demo store. Please let me know if you know why.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

martijn819

Total Posts:  5

Thanks—this just save me. I couldn’t get any search results, now I have them again.

I am using the BoostMyShop Embedded ERP module, so that might influence visibility in an unexpected way.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community