Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

How to add ADD TO CART Image/Button on Magento ver. 1.7.0.2

nathsumit

Total Posts:  5

Hello Friends,

Please suggest me how to add ADD TO CART image on Magento ver. 1.7.0.2

At this moment only a simple Add To Cart button is showing. I want to change it. Please help me out.

Thanks

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

WiseDucks

Total Posts:  25

Hello, you can change this in your styles.css which is located skin/frontent/yourtheme/yourtemplate/css/styles.css

and find button.button span which should be on line 152 by default.

This will change all the buttons on the site, you need to create a new declaration just to target your add to cart button on the product page.

.add-to-cart button.button span {background:image.gif;}

place the image in your skin/frontent/yourtheme/yourtemplate/image folder.

Let me know if this helps.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Ketelbinkie

Total Posts:  1

To understand what u mean;
I found:
.header .form-search button.button span { border:0; height:21px; background:url(../images/btn_search.gif) 0 0 no-repeat; padding:0 0 0 3px; font:bold 11px/21px Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; }
.header .form-search button.button span span { background-position:100% 0; padding:0 6px 0 3px; }

where should I create the new declaration: .add-to-cart button.button span {background:image.gif;}
/* Add to Cart */
.add-to-cart label { float:left; margin-right:5px; font-weight:bold; color:#666; }
.add-to-cart .qty { float:left; margin-right:5px; }
.add-to-cart button.button { float:left; }

or should I replace the above rule with: .add-to-cart button.button span {background:image.gif;}

place the image in your skin/frontent/yourtheme/yourtemplate/image folder.

do you know a standard image folder?

Thanks,

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community