Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Importing CSV File into products-Error

ferhat655

Total Posts:  6

I am importing csv file into products but it is showing me the following error

“Column names have duplicates”

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Store_Manager
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  867

Hi all,

I guess Forum2tech is right and most likely you have in your .csv file the columns with exactly the same names of headings. Please, check your file. If you do not need the information in that columns with duplicated headings, you can simply delete them.

In case you need those additional data in that columns with the same names, I can offer you an alternative solution - desktop application called Store Manager for Magento.

Using it you can choose from which column of your .csv file you would like to take information and where exactly (to which field of database) you would like to load the information.
For example, if you have 2 columns called Description, then using Store Manager you can assign one column with description to general product description and second column you can assign to short description.

In any case, if you are interested, here is free 2-weeks version of Store Manager available for download -
http://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect/store-manager-for-magento.html

Let me know if any assistance is required.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community