Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Supplier live XML feed into Magento import

grafis

Total Posts:  2

Hi2all

I have one problem, and maby someone can help me with.

Supplier have live XML product feed for me, now I need to import those products from feed into my Magento store and before insert or update products, need to change prices )increase them by %).

Any direction, advice HOW?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

pbosch

Total Posts:  46
Enschede, The Netherlands

Dear grafis,

Live importing an XML requires you to map the xml data to the dataflow parser. A simpler way would be to ask your supplier for a CSV file which you can import using the dataflow profiles (e.g. import product stocks). If the provide it. However I highly recommend to ask your supplier, even if the don’t offer it for download on their site initially.

Basically there are a few things involved when asking the question: how to import products into Magento?

You can either map your CSV to the Magento database header or write a custom script to import the XML file
(to explode the xml nodes)

-CSV basis
-Make compatible CSV ( i will upload a sample)
-Use software e.g. for automation of CSV. We wrote our own Universal CSV importer This one converts CSV to MS XML.

XML basis:
-Write a script that reads your XML nodes from the supplier and splits it into the right XML for Magento structure.
-Or adjust the Magento import script to read your XML nodes from the supplier.

Considerations:
An XML structure heavily depends on how the supplier delivers the XML. Some suppliers have more information stored in their CSV and some in their XML.
CSV is more readable for an end-user but mostly does not contain all data of suppliers.
There is no standard for importing an XML file but has a fancier object structure.

We have developed a CSV / XML importer at http://www.magdeveloper.com for most suppliers, for example for ingram-micro import we use a XML file. We can help you perhaps with the import of your XML using our XML integration platform.

If you need any help don’t hesitate to email us at info[at]magdeveloper.com

File Attachments
Sampledata.xml  (File Size: 317KB - Downloads: 623)

Magento Community
Magento Community

Store_Manager
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  867

Hello Grafis!

Actually i can offer you to import data directly from supplier using the Store Manager for Magento and its addon called Automated Product Import. Using those desktop applications you can set up scheduled update of your store directly from suppliers’ file.

The latest version of Store Manager handles import of the file in .csv format, as well as file of XML format and it does not require special technical skills.

Also using the applications you will be able to set price mark-up and increase the price of the products on some % from the price that your supplier provided to you in the file.

In any case, there is fully functional 2-weeks free version of the application, which you can download here -
http://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect/store-manager-for-magento.html

Further to use the applications you will have to purchase them, but you pay only once and use the license live-time.

Also if any assistance required, let me know and I will help you.

Magento Community
Magento Community

nossa_lossa

Total Posts:  14

hi, grafis!

i can recommend you a service i use to import xml to magento. I do a simpl import but that have the optin of Schaduled import. It is good for me, as it is rely cheep. Very good.

Hope it help! Freddy! grin

Magento Community
Magento Community

srmobile

Total Posts:  276

Hello,

Actually I’m using the Store Manager and it has been fanstatic.

The only question I have is for LIVE XML feed data.

The problem I have is that when I download and import the CSV file into my store, the stock quantaties can change shortly after and thus its possible a customer can order something that is in stock on my website but no longer available from my supplier.

I have been given an example XML feed from my supplier to integrate into my website for live stock levels, but don’t know how to implement it.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

SR

Magento Community
Magento Community

Store_Manager
Enthusiast

Hello SR!

Thank you for your kind words.

Store Manager works with XML files, so this kind of import is possible.

Please, contact our support team here and provide us your file for import, so we could assist you right away. Mention that you are from forum (in the e-mail indicate this post URL) so that we could pay special attention to your request.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Magento Community
Magento Community

srmobile

I do not beleive it is a fie but a feed.

When users visit an item, it should pull the inventory quantity from the supplier directly, I know it is possible to do this, I just don’t know how.

Thanks!

SR

Magento Community
Magento Community

Store_Manager
Enthusiast

Hi again SR!

Generally, it is possible to modify the product page template and pull out the information on quantity from your supplier’s database. But I doubt that supplier allows direct access to his database because of security reasons. In case you need to pull the information on quantity from suppliers feed on the fly (even in case it can be done), it will overload your site and your product pages will be loading too long. I definitely would not recommend to do it.

Actually, what I do recommend is to do more frequent updates synchronizing the information with your supplier via Automated Product Import and Store Manager.

Magento Community
Magento Community

srmobile

Hello again!

Actually yes the supplier does allow direct connections and offers this as a service that we can pull the inventory on a per item basis with a SKU number.

Like I said I love store manager and it is a fantastic tool, I just need this next step to avoid stock levels from dipping and customers purchasing products that are no longet in stock.

Thanks!

SR

Here is some example code, not sure where exactly to put it:

XML request:   

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<priceRequest>
<
customerNo>123333</customerNo>
<
userName>YOURID</userName>
<
password>PASSWORD</password>
<
skuList>
<
SKU>439866</SKU>
<
lineNumber>1</lineNumber>
<
priceType>Education</priceType>
</
skuList>
</
priceRequest>

XML response:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?> 
- <priceResponse>
  <
customerNo>123333</customerNo
  <
userName>YOURID</userName
- <
PriceAvailabilityList>
  <
SKU>439866</SKU
  <
mfgPN>108R00645</mfgPN
  <
mfgCode>13439</mfgCode
  <
status>Active</status
  <
description>IMAGING UNITPHASER 6300/6350</description
  <
GlobalProductStatusCode>Active</GlobalProductStatusCode
  <
price>228.48</price
  <
priceType>Education</priceType
  <
totalQuantity>240</totalQuantity
- <
AvailabilityByWarehouse>
- <
warehouseInfo>

Magento Community
Magento Community

GoMageTeam
Guru

Total Posts:  356
Warsaw, Poland

Hello,

We advise you to use some third party extensions for the feed file creation. For example, GoMage Feed Pro extension helps you to create the feed file, generates it and exports it to a shopping engine. It gives you the opportunity to create feed files in CSV, TXT and XML formats.

Magento Community
Magento Community

serpyre
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  771

GoMageTeam - 28 February 2014 12:16 AM

We advise you to use some third party extensions for the feed file creation.

Will you stop spamming the forums with your products which are not even suitable for the problem from years ago, it is import related not export, Bronze Magento Partner, what rubbish, just as well they don’t have reading and business integrity requirements to become a Magento partner.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community