Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

UPS Time in Transit

LeroyWhite

Total Posts:  36

I’ve looked all over and can’t find any info (in these forums or elsewhere) on displaying UPS time in transit in Magento. I know that there is an API for UPS time in transit (http://www.ups.com/content/us/en/bussol/browse/online_tools_tnt.html), but there doesn’t appear to be anyone who has used it with Magento.

Anyone know of a way to get this done?

My biggest reason for wanting this is to give my customers the option of using a shipping method that might get their package delivered as quickly as 2nd day or 3 day, with less cost (e.g. ground shipping within the same zone).

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

EcommerceExpert

Total Posts:  14
India, UK, Australia, Denmark, USA

Have you checked the settings in configuration? both Fedex and UPS have options of delivery in 2, 3 days etc, as the admin you need to select them so that they are displayed in the front end for your customers to choose from. The customers can always choose if they need delivery in a day’s or two day’s time and the price varies accordingly.

Magento Community
Magento Community

LeroyWhite

Total Posts:  36

Raj, I’m aware that I can choose which of the shippers methods to display (next day, 2nd day, 3 day, etc). What I’m trying to do is display the number of days (or date) that a GROUND shipment will take to be delivered (UPS refers to this as “Time in Transit” and they have an API specific to this information). That way, if the customer lives close to the origin of the shipment, they can see that Ground shipping will get it there in 1 or 2 days and for much less money than overnight or 2nd day shipping.

- peter

Magento Community
Magento Community

EcommerceExpert

Total Posts:  14
India, UK, Australia, Denmark, USA

I understand the problem now, it is good that you want to give the best to your customers via \’Time in transit\’ feature but all the ready made extensions or plugins available in the market don\’t include this feature.

You will have to hire a developer to build this for you . Or else keep a simple request form for shipping charges in the product page and send the suitable shipping rates yourself to your customers after they place this request. Many companies whose products are large and need custom rates do this, all though your case is different.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Otabek

Total Posts:  5

As developer can anyone consult how to add shipping/delivery time for UPS shipping method?

Thank you!

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community