Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

stock and preorders

rolandE

Total Posts:  1

Hi,

I’m on virtuemart at the moment but looking for something new.
What I need is apart from a regular webshop for customers that only allows to buy stock items,
also a section for wholesale with preorders/buying out of stock products.
And also a way to manage stock so when a item is back in stock so I can easy see what orders
are waiting for those items.

Is this possible at all with magento community?

Thanks for any input on this!

/Roland

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

iKantam_

Total Posts:  89

Certainly possible. Wholesale aspect managed with customer groups, preorders - with some premium extension like http://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect/pre-orders.html

Magento Community
Magento Community

Amasty
Mentor

Total Posts:  3988

rolandE - 20 September 2012 11:04 AM

Hi,

I’m on virtuemart at the moment but looking for something new.
What I need is apart from a regular webshop for customers that only allows to buy stock items,
also a section for wholesale with preorders/buying out of stock products.
And also a way to manage stock so when a item is back in stock so I can easy see what orders
are waiting for those items.

Is this possible at all with magento community?

Thanks for any input on this!

/Roland

Hello! Please check out Pre Order extension. With this extension you will allow customers pre order products that are currently out of stock.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community