Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Database Connection Error - New to MySQL

PhoenixMetals

Total Posts:  8

I’m new to Magento and new to MySQL. I’m running the install wizard and getting a database connection error. I’ve read some of the prior posts on this topic and I’ve checked and rechecked my user name and password. It’s all right. I’m wondering about the localhost thing. I’ve tried changing it to 127.0.0.1 and it made no difference. I even created a new database/user/password and it made no difference.

I created the MySQL database on GoDaddy, which is where my site is hosted. Is there any kind of log I can check to see exactly what the problem is?

Thanks in advance.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

davenurave

Total Posts:  11

Thats similar to what happened to me. I don’t know how to get the DB working again. Any advice?

Magento Community
Magento Community

PhoenixMetals

Total Posts:  8

I did figure it out. Using phpMyAdmin, I found the IP address it was looking for. After logging in, the address displays at the top of the page. It was sheer luck after much head banging that I found this. Hope it helps.

Magento Community
Magento Community

davenurave

Total Posts:  11

Let me try it, I’ll let you know how it goes.

Magento Community
Magento Community

WCIII01

Total Posts:  2

I was having the same problem with my Godaddy installation.  To be clear and so that everything is up to date…

MySQL 5.0
Magento CE Community Edition 1.7.0.2
Current Godaddy Hosting configuration as of 02.04.13
Linux Based Deluxe Hosting

1.  Created a new Hosting Database via Godaddy platform.
2.  Started my Magento Installation after uploading all of my files via Filezilla
3.  Logged into phpMyAdmin using db_name/db_username (they are the same) and the db_password.
4.  At the very top of phpMyAdmin after you log in you’ll see the IP Address for the database.
5.  Copied and pasted these numbers and points into the field for Host.  The same area where the default localhost is already input.  Replace localhost with the IP Address found in phpMyAdmin if I wasn’t clear enough.
6.  Input the rest of the user and password information in for your database.  The same information you used to log into your phpMyAdmin panel.
7.  You should be free to move through the rest of the installation after this.

Hope that helps and is simple to understand and follow.

Cheers,
William

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community