Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Forgotten Password Email Link Not Working in Magento 1.6.1.0

Watson91

Total Posts:  11

I have been having this problem since i upgraded my sites from Magento 1.3 - Magento 1.6.1.0

When a customer requests a new password using the Forgotten Password field they recieve an email however the new password comes through as blank.

Dear, ****,

Your new password is:

You can change your password at any time by logging into your account.

Thank you again.

After I searched through forums I found out that the problem was that the new version of Magento does not send a plain text password anymore, you have to use a link in the email to redirect the customer to main site to reset the password. I therefore used the Magento default Email template for Forgotten Password. Everything seemed fine until I clicked on the Email Link and got the following error:

Fatal errorCall to a member function setCustomerId() on a non-object in /home/basketsg/public_html/magentouk/app/code/core/Mage/Customer/controllers/AccountController.php on line 587

I cannot get my head around what the problem is and would much appreciate anyone who has fixed the problem to send me in the right direction please. Im pretty new to Magento (3 Months) and finding it difficult everyday.

Thank You in advance

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community