Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Adding a Custom Shipping Method Magento 1.7

kris_kdweb

Total Posts:  2

Hi,

I am trying to add a custom shipping method to Magento Community Edition 1.7 by following the guide here.

http://www.magentocommerce.com/wiki/5_-_modules_and_development/shipping/create-shipping-method-module.

Now I know it says it won’t work in Magento 1.4 (and I assume upwards) but there is NO documentation for 1.7 on how to add a custom shipping method from hours of searching.

Does anyone have any idea how to add a custom shipping method?  This should be a bog standard feature in Magento and is really surprising they haven’t added the option to add more methods.  I believe this is a standard feature in most other ecommerce solutions.

Thanks in advance.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Magestore
Mentor

Total Posts:  1015
Viet Nam

Hi kris_kdweb,

I once met this problem, the guide from Magento lacks a small but important part.
I attached for you 2 files to solve this, you can refer and pay your attention on model tag.
Hope this helps

Best Regards,
Magestore

File Attachments
config.xml  (File Size: 3KB - Downloads: 637)
system.xml  (File Size: 6KB - Downloads: 463)

Magento Community
Magento Community

John72a

Total Posts:  5

I’m also having problems adding the shipping method in 1.7.

I have used the same guide and used the model tag from Mage’s reply, however I keep getting this error:

Fatal error: Call to a member function setStore() on a non-object in /xxx/app/code/core/Mage/Shipping/Model/Shipping.php on line 421

This line in Shipping.php is: ‘$obj->setStore($storeId);’

I have been trying every guide out there, yet this issue keeps popping up.

Magento Community
Magento Community

alphabase

Total Posts:  10

I\\\’m in for this one too, I keep getting the same error.
Have been looking for a 1.7 Magento shipping setup, since other\\\’s won\\\’t work either.
Have used the files that were submitted to this post by magestore, but with no success.

Could someone post a zip of the correct files alltogether, so that we have something to build further from?

Magento Community
Magento Community

togergo

It’s my problem too… ("Call to a member function setStore() on a non-object..” etc 421

I started it 2 days ago, it’s a horror… anybody solved this problem???

thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community

togergo

Hi Magestore!

In your config xml there are some new files (classes, html, xml, etc)

‘shippingfixed.xml’
‘shippingfixed/adminhtml_shippingfixed’
‘Magestore_ShippingFixed_Block’
‘Magestore_ShippingFixed_Helper’

there is nothing in the config.xml, in the tutorial. Just 4 files

config.xml, system.xml, Magestore_ShippingFixed.xml, ShippingFixed.php

when I used your xml, It killed my admin with a fatal error. We have to make these files, don’t we?

thanks the answers

Magento Community
Magento Community

dion40

Total Posts:  1

This may be weird but I just resolved this issue by renaming my custom shipping method. I had an underscore in the name and once I exhausted all these other options I tried removing the underscore and BOOM it all started working.

Magento Community
Magento Community

TutorialMagento

Total Posts:  133

You may take a look at this tutorial
How to create custom shipping method in Magento

Magento Community
Magento Community

Amasty
Mentor

Total Posts:  3988

Hi!
You can also check this extension - Shipping Table Rates.

With it you can create any number of shipping methods: multiple flat rates, multiple table rates, etc. Flat and percent rates. Combinations of address, weight, price and quantity to calculate shipping. Import rates and edit them manually.

For more details, user guide and live demo please follow the link - http://amasty.com/shipping-table-rates.html

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community