Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Sidebar’s in 3-column layout out of whack after upgrade

bhill

Total Posts:  6

I recently performed an upgrade to version 0.7.15480, I’m using custom templates for the left and right side bars (left_col.phtml & right_col.phtml respectively) these are in the “callouts” directory under app/design/frontend/default/default/template. Before the upgrade they appeared as they should (left on the left, right on the right) but now after the upgrade, there is no content in the left side bar (shows just the background image) and the left hand sidebar is where the right sidebar should be. So, my question is, does anyone know what caused this and if there’s a solution?

Thanks. Let me know if you need any more information.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

bhill

Ohminu,

Thanks for your prompt reply. Aside from the sidebars I’m using the default templates for the rest of the site.

This problem affects the main page only. Here is a link to the page:

http://boasuppe.nexcess.net/

Magento Community
Magento Community

Paradox75

Total Posts:  5

Hi,

Brian is trying to fix my site smile

It was a three column layout before the upgrade and I’ve attached the sidebar files which seem unchanged after the upgrade but the contents are not reflecting in the real store. The image that was on the left bar is now showing on the right bar even though it’s still in the left_Col.phtml file. It’s as if, it’s reading the columns from other files.

Thank you.

File Attachments
left_col.phtml  (File Size: 1KB - Downloads: 96)
right_col.phtml  (File Size: 1KB - Downloads: 82)

Magento Community
Magento Community

bhill

Ohminu,

Any updates on this issue?

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community