Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Crash on upgrade

demackison

Total Posts:  8

After upgrading Magento, I got this message at http://foxknife.com/shop/

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@foxknife.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Apache Server at foxknife.com Port 80

I successfully installed a fresh copy of Magento in another directory and am hoping that if I transfer the data files to the new directory that the site will be restored. However, I don’t know which files are program files and which files are data files and the user guide I found doesn’t go into that level of detail.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

demackison

I created a second copy of magento in a directory called http://foxknife.com/store (which installed fine but lacks everything that makes it my store), then copied the media subdirectory from /shop to /store; but the customer view of /store still looks exactly the same.

Did I simply miss some files or am I misunderstanding how magento works?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Hans76

Total Posts:  4

Hi,
If you have back up of your store I would recommend you to use Cart2cart to avoid any mistakes. They can transfer products, customers, orders, taxes, etc from your database dump to your fresh installation. But they won’t be able to move your specific configurations like template or url structure.

Magento Community
Magento Community

demackison

That helped. The site is now 99% up.

The only remaining issue that I can’t solve is at the final step of checkout on an order. The customer receives a “there was an error” message with no specifics and I receive an email with this message:

SQLSTATE[23000]: Integrity constraint violation: 1062 Duplicate entry ‘4-73’ for key ‘UNQ_SALES_ORDER_TAX_ITEM_TAX_ID_ITEM_ID’

Magento Community
Magento Community

MagneticOneTeam

Total Posts:  253
USA

Hi Demackison,
Thanks for choosing Cart2Cart, we are happy to help you.
As for the error you are telling about, submit a ticket at: https://support.magneticone.com/index.php?/Tickets/Submit , specify your migration ID therein and Cart2Cart Support Managers will help you solve this problem.
Thanks again and we are waiting for you to contact us

Regards

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community