Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

50 Price Rules, Too Many? 

zep007

Total Posts:  131
Connecticut

I am running 1.1.8 ( I have fixed the not logged in price rule bug ) and Im trying to apply rules in the backend.  I hit the ‘apply rules’ button and after about a minute was given the message ‘rules have been applied’.

Now, When you hit that button, are the rules running even though the browser refreshes?  A minute seems way too quick to apply all those rules…

Some of the rules have been applied, but most have not.  When I look at the database catelogrule_* tables, they do not seem to be still updating.

It seems like I can apply the rules individually (Ill thoughroly test tommorrow) but will the cron be able to create the rules each day?  Where would I start if I were to edit how long they ran, and get the price rule generation out of the cron file?

Is there a way to apply the rules via SSH?  ( I know a lot of questions..) I am open to any suggestions others may have, Thanks for your input in advance!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

zep007

Connecticut

The cron job did not update the prices.  I think the best coarse of action at this point would be remove the part of the cron to auto apply the rules, to apply the rules one at a time, then set my own cron to run a php script to update the dates in the database.

Does anyone know where the file is that runs the price rules each day?  I know its not in cron.php, as there is not much in there it has to be the file that is called in one of these lines:

try {
Mage::getConfig()->init()->loadEventObservers(’crontab’);
Mage::app()->addEventArea(’crontab’);
Mage::dispatchEvent(’default’);
} catch (Exception $e) {
Mage::printException($e);
}

Magento Community
Magento Community

zep007

Connecticut

Welp, turns out 50 price rules are NOT too many.  I am now running 61 price rules, and it takes all of 17 seconds to run.  Turns out I needed to do wome server tweaking to make this happen.

Magento Community
Magento Community

zep007

Connecticut

gulp  UPDATE

They are not all working, it appears a couple did not get applied correctly.  I tend to assume its a timeout, because most of the rules are applied correctly.  I also noticed if I apply the price rule on the individual rule page ‘save and apply’ it works properly.

I screwed around with the following settings, and set them (I think) way high:

mysql.connect_timeout 1200
default_socket_timeout 
max_execution_time 
max_input_time 
memory_limit 
1012M

But no dice getting them to run all the way through.  So my question is this:

1) What other server / PHP / Suhosin settings could be stopping this from running all the way through?

2) Is there a way I can apply a single price rule from shell ( so I could write a cron to update daily)?

Please Help!  grrr  Ive been at this for 2 days strait....

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community