Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Reindex problem with product attribute index

Designcomplex

Total Posts:  34

Hi there,

I am searching for this problem for the whole day now since I am not really willing to make a new post.
But it may also help some other guys who also may have this problem.
I found basically the same problem here: http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/201384/
But none of the suggestions fixed my problem.

This is what I did:
Updated the Database from 1.5.1.0 to 1.7.0.2 without a problem. Rebuilt the indexes via SSH and the attribute index failed with the message:

Integrity constraint violation: 1452 Cannot add or update a child row: a foreign key constraint fails (`magento`.`catalog_product_index_eav`, CONSTRAINT `FK_CAT_PRD_IDX_EAV_ENTT_ID_CAT_PRD_ENTT_ENTT_ID` FOREIGN KEY (`entity_id`) REFERENCES `catalog_product_entity` (`entity_id`) ON DELETE CASCAD)\’

Then I tried to fix this with the database repair tool which fixed a few constraints and I thought this problem might be solved. But it wasn\’t.

Now I read about some SQL statements for category index errors and thought I would be able to transfer those to the attribute index but I didn\’t - the hints came from here:
http://www.avs-webentwicklung.de/nc/blog/artikel/magento-fehler-beim-index-aufbau-sofortmassnahmen.html

When trying to rebuild the constraints in SQL with ALTER TABLE and ADD CONSTRAINTS etc… phpmyadmin gives the error that it can\’t write some table…

If I am telling magento not to show products with no stock, the index rebuilt works. But I would need to show products which are not in stock also wink.

I don\’t really know what to do in this case… and I would be very pleased if anyone could help…
All the best,
Thomas

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community