Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Having trouble generating sitemap.xml - 404 error

J6891

Total Posts:  142

Hi there,

I’m having trouble generating the sitemap.xml file.

I have created the directory where I need it saving and have made that directory writable.

I go to Catalog > Google Sitemap and add a sitemap there and this says it’s successful, however when you navigation in the browser to the sitemap I get a 404 error - no sitemap.xml file has been generated.

I am using Magento 1.7.0.2 - this is the first time I have used this version, had no issues with this in previous versions - has anyone else come across this?

Many thanks

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

mixy

Total Posts:  2

I have the same problem too.

Magento Community
Magento Community

mrki

Total Posts:  21

mixy - 18 October 2012 12:02 AM

I have the same problem too.

Same problem here! Sitemap was working well on 1.4 version I upgraded to 1.7 recently...why would I check if my sitemap is visable for google and other search engines after just an magento upgrade?!

Well that was a mistake :(

I noticed few days ago that google can’t even find my sitemap. The most fumiest thing is that sitemap gets generated everyday, same time (cron) and sitemap is exactly were its supposed to be. But if I browse through any browser and use the same path for the URL it gives 404 error. Browser = Google :( :( :(

Does anybody know anything about this? htaccess??

Magento Community
Magento Community

mrki

Total Posts:  21

File permission issue smile
I changed folder and file to 0755 and sitemap is visible through browser and for google again smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

Vimlesh

Total Posts:  2

It is working for my website. I am using magento 1.7.0.2 version. grin

Thanks
Vimlesh

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community