Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Facebook Like Button For Each Product

jeroldvaz

Total Posts:  6

Hi Guys,
I am developing a new magento site. I would like to add a Facebook like button for each of the products. I want them to display even on the home page while showing the products. Can anyone please help me out. Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Jerold Vaz

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Pulkit Seth

Total Posts:  107

hi,

You can get the facebook like button code from here “ https://www.addthis.com/get/sharing#.UFVxWK6IKSo “ just copy the code and paste it in view.phtml file. You will easily get your facebook like button for each product.

Magento Community
Magento Community

jeroldvaz

Total Posts:  6

Im Kinda new to magento. Can you please tell me where I have add this. I mean which directory.

Thank you.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Pulkit Seth

Total Posts:  107

Hi…

You just have to paste this code:-

<div class=\"addthis_toolbox addthis_default_style \">
<
class=\"addthis_button_facebook_like\" fb:like:layout=\"button_count\"></a>
</
div>
<
script type=\"text/javascript\" src=\"http://s7.addthis.com/js/300/addthis_widget.js#pubid=xa-5055baa3622c501e\"></script>

in file location is : app/design/frontent/default/your_theme/template/catalog/product/view.phtml

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community