Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Magento Beta 0.7.15480 - Still having PDO dump problems

coeus

Total Posts:  39

On the step after inputting the database details, I’m still getting this error on a WindowsXP Wamp server:

SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 2014 Cannot execute queries while other unbuffered queries are active.  Consider using PDOStatement::fetchAll().  Alternatively, if your code is only ever going to run against mysql, you may enable query buffering by setting the PDO::MYSQL_ATTR_USE_BUFFERED_QUERY attribute.

The dump is much larger than that, but I figure this is all that’s needed to show. (Besides, this dump is posted on other threads here as well).

Anyways, I was wondering if Magento acknowledges this bug, I thought it would be fixed this release.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Moshe
Magento Team

Total Posts:  1770
Los Angeles

Magento aknowledges this bug, but unfortunately can’t do much about it.

This is a bug in Windows’ php_pdo_mysql.dll binary, documented here:
http://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=39759

and here:
http://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=39858

You can bug php developers about it instead rasberry

Magento Community
Magento Community

coeus

Total Posts:  39

Thanks for the fast reply! I’ll be tracking the PHP bug.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Dasmyt

Total Posts:  5

... and yet no mention of this at http://www.magentocommerce.com/wiki/general/installing_on_windows_with_xampp_and_wamp.

For such a *really* common problem, could there not be a sticky explanation in this forum?  I’ve spent over an hour searching and reading, but can’t find a solution (I’m not prepared to download hacked DLLs from unkown sources wink) - along with many others.  Is there a recommended workaround?

Thanks.

P.S.  Would admin consider encouraging people to add [SOLVED] as a prefix to threads when a solution is found - it would save all of us a lot of time reading discussions that don’t provide answers? smile

P.P.S.  Just noticed - ‘smile’ emoticon looks like ‘roll eyes’ - could cause some static!

Magento Community
Magento Community

Moshe
Magento Team

Los Angeles

@DavidONE: wiki updated.

BTW, it is open for editing by all members smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

Dasmyt

Total Posts:  5

Thanks, Moshe - sorry, it’ll take a little while to get used to the ‘open’ part of this OSS project after suffering the Zen Cart and osCommerce definition of ‘open’ for so long wink.

P.S. That smilie *really* looks like rolling eyes - I’m predicting fireworks when people mistake it. [rolls eyes]

Magento Community
Magento Community

Moshe
Magento Team

Los Angeles

Here’s the REAL eyes rolling rolleyes

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community