Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Payment has been declined. Please try again. (PayPal Advanced)

blakgold

Total Posts:  1

Integrating Magento 1.7.0.2 with PayPal—“Payments Advanced (Includes Express Checkout)”—and was able to run a successful “Test” transaction once using a PayPal sandbox credit card, but after that, the following transactions yielded the following alert upon credit card payment submission.:

“Payment has been declined. Please try again.”

The funny thing is that the orders seem to be in the database, but some appear “Canceled”, and others appear as “Pending Payment” I know for a fact that I’m entering the proper credit card info, as the transaction worked once.

There seem to be small glitches on PayPal integration. Am I missing something or doing something wrong? Is this a known issue? Is anyone else seeing this?

I thought the PayPal integration would have gone much smoother than this. Help desperately needed!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

juills

Total Posts:  4

I am experiencing the same issue.  I was able to successfully place 1 order via PayPal Payments Advance on my Magento 1.7.0 installation. But after the first order I’ve received the same error message “Payment has been declined. Please try again.”

Any thoughts/help on the topic?

Magento Community
Magento Community

mappleskis

Im getting the exact same thing with PayPal Advanced integration. Did anyone manage to find a solution to this?

Magento Community
Magento Community

jameschanx

I am have the same exact issue! my buddy has no problem checking out using his credit card though. 

Does anyone have an answer to this?

Thanks,

Magento Community
Magento Community

dheywood

Same problem! Anyone find a solution? Any help would be appreciated.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Nition1

Total Posts:  19

Hi all,

This is a known issue and it was supposed to be fixed since Magento 1.6.0:
http://www.magentocommerce.com/blog/comments/release-notes-magento-1600-aug-18-2011/

I edited Mage_Paypal.csv translation located at:
../app/locale/en_US/Mage_Paypal.csv

“Payment has been declined. Please try again.”, “Order confirmed! Thank you for ordering with us”

That will get rid of the “Payment has been declined. Please try again.”

The order will shows up in the admin as “pending payment” or “canceled”. Pending is OK, I still don’t know how to handle the “canceled” order yet.

If you log into your Paypal, the transaction is authorized and you can capture fund as normal.

It’s not the best way, but until someone figures it out.

Best,

Tom

Magento Community
Magento Community

aufshnitt

I never get the payments in pending, they are always in canceled? is this on the paypal side of the magento side? I am assuming something is not setup correctly on the paypal side.

Magento Community
Magento Community

sidewinderx7

Total Posts:  2

I have the same problem and it\’s driving me nuts!

Has anyone gained any ground on this problem? 

The paypal_csv hack may be the only option right now, but that is by no means a solution to the bug.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Tim01

Total Posts:  7

Does ANYONE have a real solution to this problem?  I have a 1.7.0.2 installation and PayPal Payments Advanced.  We would install 1.8.x, but it does not yet work with some of the extensions that we plan to use.  Our developer says 1.8 is still too buggy to be reliable.

Changing the text of the error message (by editing the CSV) isn’t really a solution, because all that does is change the text from “card declined” to “card accepted.” A proper solution would give the buyer an order number, a list of purchased items, etc.

Anyone???

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community