Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

MY MAGENTO KEEPS CRASHING AND I WANT TO UPGRADE VERSION

trizone1211

Total Posts:  2

Hi,

I am very new to this. MY MAGENTO KEEPS CRASHING AND IT IS VERY SLOW I want to know how to upgrade my magento version. I open the message on magento and downloaded the software and saved it in my downloads on my computer.

What do I do after that?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

aaronwallace

Total Posts:  59

From which version you are trying to upgrade?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Hans76

Total Posts:  4

Hello,
Try to read some articles here on Magento, for example this one.
If you still fail to update you may try to use 3rd party extensions and services. For example, Cart2Cart. They can migrate your data from older version to newer. Good luck.

Magento Community
Magento Community

magentoportico

Total Posts:  2

I guess you are trying to upgrade to 1.7. You can install Magento Connect manager.You will be able to upgrade to 1.7 as well as install new modules or extensions using this manager and it comes free. But in case you have a live site I would suggest you to take back up prior to performing upgradation.

Here you can download the manager : http://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect/magentoconnect-manager.html

And here goes a tutorial to help you go through the steps : http://www.siteground.com/tutorials/magento/magento_connect.htm

But lastly I would recommend you to get the job done by some professional in case you have a live website.

Regards,
Team Magento Portico

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community