Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Error: Too Many Redirects when installing magento

doing

Total Posts:  1

I have uploaded my magento to my server,and deleted the local.xml for installing magento.but get the following error in chrome when opening www.my_domain.com for installing magento.

This webpage has a redirect loop
The webpage at http://www.my_domain.com/index.php/install/ has resulted in too many redirects. Clearing your cookies for this site or allowing third-party cookies may fix the problem. If not, it is possibly a server configuration issue and not a problem with your computer.

ps:installing magento is OK in local environment(127.0.0.1/magentoForTest/index.php/)

any one have solved it?

many thanks

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

stockalo

Total Posts:  1

Bump, same problem and can’t for the life of me figure it out. I’ve run the magento checker and verified that everything is correct. Get stuck in a redirect loop after trying to configure the DB. The only way to ‘recover’ is to clear out the DB and files then start again, at which point the same happens.

I’m self hosting using signed ssl so if there are any config ideas please let me know.

Magento Community
Magento Community

worldnick

Total Posts:  2

I am having the same issue.  I had a problem installing and now I want to try again after deleting the database.  It takes me hours to delete and re-upload the entire magento.  There must be a way to attempt installation without going through this process every time only to get one shot.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community