Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Configurable product import

olivier_w4u

Total Posts:  1

I have already read thing about bug with this kind of data import but with previous version (I’m working with 1.7.0.2)

When I upload configurable products everything seems to work fine but the configurable product is not linked to the child product…

Have i done something wrong?

If no, is there a solution?

Thanks!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Store_Manager
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  867

Hello Olivier,

First of all, please, make sure that you linked your simple products to configurable by IDs or SKUs in that file you used for import.

In case it was done correctly and this is actually related to backend issue, I can offer you free trial of Store Manager for Magento -
http://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect/store-manager-for-magento.html

It is desktop solution, so using it you can handle import of your configurable products directly from your PC. Check this article on what is required to check to do it accurately -
http://www.mag-manager.com/useful-articles/tipstricks/what-is-magento-configurable-product-and-how-to-import-magento-configurable-products

In any case, it is alternative solution, however, might be useful for you.

Magento Community
Magento Community

meingh

Total Posts:  3

Hey “Store Manager”

You said “make sure that you linked your simple products to configurable by IDs or SKUs in that file you used for import”

Where is the data flow file does that go. I am curious as I can;t see anywhere to do that nor have I found any reference to that field name to use for that.

Gary

Magento Community
Magento Community

Store_Manager
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  867

Hello Meingh, by phrase “link your simple products to configurable” I meant that in your import file in column “_associated_sku” in front of each configurable you have to add SKUs of simple products associated to that configurable. If this column is empty, simple products may not be show as drop-downs at configurable products’ page after import.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community