Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Product image thumbnail slider? 

sourcetech

Total Posts:  17

Hi all, sorry if this is in the wrong category. I’m bad at that!

I’m looking for a thumbnail slide like the one used in magento connect. I have some products that have 7+ product images which of course pushes my product information down the page and leaves a nasty whitespace next to the thumbnails.

Does anyone know of an extension or a cunning ajaxy way of doing this please? I can’t find one anywhere, but dont believe I\\\’m the only one looking for this solution?

Thanks!! (I’m looking to go live very very soon with my site, so any help would be appreciated!)

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

magestore_1
Mentor

Total Posts:  1015
Viet Nam

We just offer Image option that helps you show product image thumbnails right on the product page but not as in slider. But we suggest this module in hope that it could a good idea for your store. Installing this module for your site will bring more options for customers to get their most suitable product. You could learn this module more here:
http://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect/thumbnail-image-for-product-custom-option.html

Magento Community
Magento Community

sourcetech

Total Posts:  17

Thanks, but that’s really not what I’m looking for.

Has no-one else ever wanted something like this?? Some of my products looks crazy with the amount of thumbnails pushing the description down.. any help would be appreciated please!

Magento Community
Magento Community

g0rg

Total Posts:  1

Hi ,
I would like to know how to add this feature too, let me know if you find something

Magento Community
Magento Community

Webtex_1

Total Posts:  219
Minneapolis, USA

Hi,

A popular way to highlight items on your Magento site is to place them into slider with featured products block.

With our extension you can easily manage Featured Products widget appearance. You can specify placement (main content area, page header/bottom/navigation, sidebars, checkout page etc), number of products to display, as well as layout (vertical or horizontal), and more.

Please check it out. “Featured Products Slider”

Reagrds, Alex

Magento Community
Magento Community

meikland

Total Posts:  6

Did anyone ever figure this out? Other than people pushing extensions that don’t do what is being asked for. I’m looking for the thumbnail slider solution as well.

Magento Community
Magento Community

eyemaxx

Total Posts:  3

I am looking for this as well, any updates?

Magento Community
Magento Community

ec0mmerce

Total Posts:  242

Hello

Please check CUSTOMER SHARED IMAGES extension.
The uploaded images are listed as thumbnails and upon clicking open larger in a lightbox. The images come with a slider in case numerous added.
Note that the extension can be easily customized to meet your requirements.

All the best

Magento Community
Magento Community

NileshRocky

Total Posts:  2

sourcetech - 06 September 2012 01:23 AM

Hi all, sorry if this is in the wrong category. I’m bad at that!

I’m looking for a thumbnail slide like the one used in magento connect. I have some products that have 7+ product images which of course pushes my product information down the page and leaves a nasty whitespace next to the thumbnails.

Does anyone know of an extension or a cunning ajaxy way of doing this please? I can’t find one anywhere, but dont believe I\\\’m the only one looking for this solution?

Thanks!! (I’m looking to go live very very soon with my site, so any help would be appreciated!)

Hello,

You can try this extensions - it is named : Magento Product Image Tags- only $39

An excellent utility is developed for magento store with slideshow and products tagged in images

It allows administrator to submit and tag (or assign) product images of all categories

At frontend images will be shown in the Magento Slideshow on the category page and when you hover the tag positions, it will pop up a tooltip showing product and you can click on the product to view product details

Back-end functions:

General settings: you can enable or disable module, set height/width of images, set height/width of slideshow at front-end

Category images: you can upload how many images to the categories you want, then click to tag images

Magage tags: The Magento Product Image Tags are displayed in a slideshow, the current tags can be edited right on the assigned images. If you want to assign more product, you will click the images to tag and assign new products to new positions.

Notes: when you click on image to add new tag and assign new product, you can resize the area and move tag to any position then click ‘Open’ icon to select the appropriate product, after selecting and submitting product, you will click ‘Save’ icon to save the product and position. Finally please click ‘Save’ config button then you’re done.

Front-end functions:

The Magento Product Image Tags in a category which is tagged will be performed in a slideshow

When you hover or click on any positions on the image, it will show a tooltip of assigned product

If you click on the product name in the tooltip, you will go directly to the product details page

If you click on the product image, it will show a lightbox in which you can select next or previous buttons to view other product images of the Magento Slideshow

Other features

Use jQuery JavaScript Library
W3C standard with xhtml/css
Support most of web browsers: Firefox, Chrome, IE, safari…

Thanks for intersting!

Magento Community
Magento Community

Amasty
Mentor

Total Posts:  3988

Hello!
I believe Color Swatches Pro extension would be of great help for you. It lets view image details with elegant zoom and lightbox effects. Moreover, customers can buy configurables right from the product pages.

You can see examples on the screenshots below.

Image Attachments
color-green.pngcolor-swatches-5.pnghc-csp3.jpg

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community