Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 2 of 2
[SOLVED] Magento returning USPS shipping label with signature confirmation even when I don’t want it

scud133

Total Posts:  33

I tried making an entirely new order and no matter which service I try (first class or priority) the label still comes back as Sig Conf instead of just Deliv Conf.

I’ll try using your usps.php and just see if that takes care of it.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

scud133

Well even when I used your usps.php, it’s still coming back with Signature Confirmation on every label. Even with all those changes you made. So all I can think of is that it’s either a configuration of my web tools account with USPS or else there’s some file (maybe in my theme?) that is overriding this core file.

Magento Community
Magento Community

scud133

So there’s another file I just found, located at:

/includes/src/Mage_Usa_Model_Shipping_Carrier_Usps.php

that has the SAME stuff in it as usps.php --- it has the same protected function and waiver of signature and all that stuff. I’ll try updating that one and get back to you.

Update:
Ok I made all of the changes discussed earlier in the thread to this ^ ^ ^ ^ file, and I think that will do it. I’m now getting an error in the Magento backend that says my USPS account is not authorized for DeliveryConfirmationV3 API. But that’s *good* news, because it means Magento is finally asking for Delivery Confirmation.

So now I’ll get in touch with USPS, get my web tools account authorized, and it should be ready… *fingers crossed*

Magento Community
Magento Community

scud133

Solved:

The solution posted earlier in Post #11 is correct, just be aware which file you need to modify.

Apparently for austinhumes, he only had to modify this file:

/app/code/core/Mage/Usa/Model/Shipping/Carrier/Usps.php

I had to also modify this one:

/includes/src/Mage_Usa_Model_Shipping_Carrier_Usps.php

Once the changes are made, Magento will properly start requesting Delivery Confirmation (without signature) from USPS. In my case, I then had to contact USPS Web Tools support and re-authorize my account for the DeliveryConfirmationV3 API. Now it works.

Magento Community
Magento Community

adam@ardesign.us

Total Posts:  4

I am setting up a new store and ran across this thread. Something that I can not find answered anywhere is whether the shipping labels Magento generates for USPS (or the other providers) is a paid shipping label

If it is not paid, how do you go about paying for it. Do you then have to take each package to the post office? Is there some way of having the system pay for the labels without using a stamps.com?

Magento Community
Magento Community

scud133

adam@ardesign.us - 05 October 2012 07:37 AM

I am setting up a new store and ran across this thread. Something that I can not find answered anywhere is whether the shipping labels Magento generates for USPS (or the other providers) is a paid shipping label

If it is not paid, how do you go about paying for it. Do you then have to take each package to the post office? Is there some way of having the system pay for the labels without using a stamps.com?

Adam,

The default labels that it generates are NOT paid. You have to take it to the post office and pay there. But what is nice is that it goes very quickly; your label already has the barcode so they just scan it and then you pay.

I imagine if you want to have a label already paid-for, then you’ll need to get an extension (like Stamps.com) because the basic Magento install only seems to provide unpaid labels.

Magento Community
Magento Community

adam@ardesign.us

Total Posts:  4

scud133 - 06 October 2012 06:53 AM

The default labels that it generates are NOT paid. You have to take it to the post office and pay there. But what is nice is that it goes very quickly; your label already has the barcode so they just scan it and then you pay.

I imagine if you want to have a label already paid-for, then you’ll need to get an extension (like Stamps.com) because the basic Magento install only seems to provide unpaid labels.

Do you know if any of the label generation (UPS/FEDEX) can be setup to be paid automatically? If not do you know of any extensions that leverage the built in functionality and do not require a monthly subscription?

Thanks again,

Magento Community
Magento Community

scud133

adam@ardesign.us - 10 October 2012 12:26 PM

scud133 - 06 October 2012 06:53 AM

Do you know if any of the label generation (UPS/FEDEX) can be setup to be paid automatically? If not do you know of any extensions that leverage the built in functionality and do not require a monthly subscription?

Thanks again,

If I did, that’s what I would be using. *shrug*

Maybe someone else can chime in with an idea… or else someone can create that for us, maybe.

Magento Community
Magento Community

nohart

Total Posts:  62
California

Can someone post copies of the modified files for Magento v1.7.0.2?

Mage_Usa_Model_Shipping_Carrier_Usps.php

and

Usps.php

Or are they the same except to rename them?

Magento Community
Magento Community

scud133

nohart - 08 December 2012 12:47 PM

Can someone post copies of the modified files for Magento v1.7.0.2?

Mage_Usa_Model_Shipping_Carrier_Usps.php

and

Usps.php

Or are they the same except to rename them?

Austinhumes posted his modified version of Usps.php back in post #15.

I had to make the same modifications to Mage_Usa_Model_Shipping_Carrier_Usps.php, but maybe you won’t have to. Start with just Usps.php, see if that works, and if not, then come back here to follow post #11 to modify the other file as well.

I don’t know if they are exactly the same file so you should probably modify each one separately.

Magento Community
Magento Community

cindy313

Total Posts:  12

hey, sorry for late reply here!  i just wanna know the how to get usps barcode working on shipping ?  all i know about it is just print usps barcode in asp.net program

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 2 of 2