Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

how to create a one page module to use web service

katherinbridges

Total Posts:  29

Hi,
First of all i think I should post this question in ‘HOW TO’ section but I realize this after posting, I am really sorry for this.

I have created a restful web service for an application now I want to create a module for magento admin panel, where the admin will fill the form with customer id and the records from web service will be displayed in admin panel page.
For this I have a design in my mind, after the module installation

There should be a link in magento admin panel main menu, after clicking on this a form would be shown with 2 fields(customer id , secret key). when this form will be submitted these form fields values will be saved in db and a web service will be called and show customer info right below this form.

So to complete this form what approach I should follow because there is no multiple addition, edting, deleting etc.

Is there any link which I can follow to create such a module.

Thanks
CRINCH

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

sumantechno
Guru

Total Posts:  478
Bangalore

You can just put a edit from where value will be only updated.
No need of add or delete.

Magento Community
Magento Community

katherinbridges

Thank you suman for your reply, actually I am new to magento. Therefore I had posted this question, how I should start and if there is any link which can help me to create such a form.
Thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community

sumantechno
Guru

Bangalore

Check this tutorial
This is most easiest to understand for u
http://www.magentocommerce.com/wiki/5_-_modules_and_development/0_-_module_development_in_magento/how_to_create_an_admin_form_module

Magento Community
Magento Community

katherinbridges

Thanks again for your reply.
Actually i don’t want to use database because i need to form to submit only one record after that this record can be edited but not deleting or adding new. So want to submit this form fields in system configuration as you can test this link in your magent

http://localhost/magentproj/index.php/admin/system_config/edit/section/web/key/4b74fb95666b26f81a1429c7c95f22e3/

the forms fields in this section against all left menus are not stored any any module related database table instead in system configuration. I want something like this.

I have created a menu in the admin panel now I want to show a form against this menu link and this form will be submitted in system configuration and after submission the same will be displayed with entered form fields.

I believe you are have got my point, so help is required for this issue.

Thanks a lot

Magento Community
Magento Community

sumantechno
Guru

Bangalore

Check this tutorial
http://inchoo.net/ecommerce/magento/create-configuration-for-your-magento-extension/

Magento Community
Magento Community

katherinbridges

Thank you Suman Kar, the link was very useful and I have created configuration form of the module. I have also created a menu link in the admin panel. This link has been added with adminhtml.xml file. This all in one module using your link and some other tutorials.

Now I need to create a form against this admin panel menu link. This form will not save fields values in DB instead the form will be submitted on the same url and then I will fetch the records using a web service against these form fields values. Then I want to display all records below this form. So how I can create such a form.

Thanks a lot.

Also I have used this xml code to create menu link

<menu>
        <
turnkeye translate="title" module="turnkeye_adminform">
            <
title>Turnkeye</title>
            <
sort_order>90</sort_order>
            <
children>
                <
form translate="title" module="turnkeye_adminform">
                    <
title>Form</title>
                    <
sort_order>10</sort_order>
                    <
action>adminhtml/adminform</action>
                </
form>
            </
children>
        </
turnkeye>
    </
menu>
would you like to explain <action>adminhtml/adminform</action> this.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community