Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Downloadable Product Counts

Fontosaurus

Total Posts:  16

So I’m running 1.2.0.2.  Using Paypal Standard for the payment processing.  When purchasing a downloadable product, the My Downloadable Products page indicates three purchases, all with the same ID#, for the same product, even when only a single product was purchased.  (Please reference WTF.png, attached.)

When I tried to do this with a free ($0.00) product, and did a “No Payment Information Needed” checkout, the count was right, per WTF2.png, also attached.

Any ideas?

Image Attachments
WTF.pngWTF2.png

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Classique989

Total Posts:  1

I’m having this same issue… it seems like as soon as you click to go to paypal it adds one, and then when you sign in it seems to add another, and when you click “pay now” it adds a third…

There does not seem to be an answer as to why paying through paypal creates three links of the one product when there should be only one.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Fontosaurus

Interesting.  As you can see from my examples, on the second run of it, I got two copies of the sales record in Completed status—which means I either missed one of those three steps or something changed.  Might be worth digging into.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Yamantaka

Total Posts:  3

Any solutions to this problem yet? I’m also experiencing the same thing.

When the user goes to the download area after returning from PayPal and clicking on the download link, the orders show 3 orders. There 2 of the same #IDs and different one. The actual download links for the 3 orders appear to be dfferent (i.e. /link/id/1, /link/id/2 and /link/id/3 ).

The status is currently set to “pending” how can this be set to “complete”?

Can anyone shed any light on this? I’ve spent a couple of days thinking it may have been an issue with the various themes but now I’ve done a “clean” install, I find that issue ia still there.

Cheers,

Zain

Magento Community
Magento Community

Fontosaurus

Yamantaka - 22 January 2009 02:03 PM

Any solutions to this problem yet? I’m also experiencing the same thing.

When the user goes to the download area after returning from PayPal and clicking on the download link, the orders show 3 orders. There 2 of the same #IDs and different one. The actual download links for the 3 orders appear to be dfferent (i.e. /link/id/1, /link/id/2 and /link/id/3 ).

The status is currently set to “pending” how can this be set to “complete”?

Can anyone shed any light on this? I’ve spent a couple of days thinking it may have been an issue with the various themes but now I’ve done a “clean” install, I find that issue ia still there.

Cheers,

Zain

Nothing yet.  If anyone puts a solution in front of me, I’ll make sure it’s linked-to from this post.

Magento Community
Magento Community

dave132

Total Posts:  26

I am having the exact same issue. I’ll give a billion dollars to anyone who can solve this wink

Magento Community
Magento Community

cntbill

Total Posts:  107
PA

"The status is currently set to “pending” how can this be set to “complete”?”

What I have done is to send an Invoice, once that is done then in the Comments History of their order, Status - Complete shows up, then I send another comment Notify Customer check box checked, once that is done it seems to work.  But this has been on orders with a check, not sure how it works with paypal Yet… But I would think if someone pays using paypal that regardless that it should be marked complete automatically… unless it has something to do with shipping which doesn’t make sense with a downloadable product.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Yamantaka

Total Posts:  3

Right - so now I’ve upgraded to Magento 1.2.0.3 (the latest one) and the problem still appears for downloadable items.

On the upside, under Sales / Orders, this now appears correctly - previously, I recall that the same item would be displayed 2 or 3 times in the Orders section. This now seems to have been fixed so that it only appears once.

On the downside, the triplicate orders still appear to the user (see attached screenshot). I can imagine from a user perspective, that might lead to quite a bit of confusion - users may think they’ve been invoiced 3 times even though they haven’t. I’m sure that customer support would have a lot to deal with if users see this.

Also, this now means that if you set a maximum download limit for a file, then the user now gets 3 times as many attempts to download it.

I really wish Magento would fix this problem - it’s the only thing stopping me from using Magento as a cart solution at the moment as I only need to provide downloadable products.

Anyone know of a fix for this (until the Magento team sort it out)? If so, then please post it up on this thread.

Thanks,

Zain

Image Attachments
triplicate-orders.png

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community