Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Template and themes install problems

sandysmith

Total Posts:  2

i like grayscale template and i wanted to use it in my site

http://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect/themes/grayscale-7319.html

i use magento-connet in installation , put the design to grayscale , and themes to grayscale , but the output in the front-end was the default magento template.

i try other way by download the zip template file , Copy files from the package theme/ dir to Magento Directory.

but when i go to open magento to change design ..., i get to /magento/dewnloader to istall magento as it is not exist
and this happened with any other template i try to use when replace magento original folders

please can u help me on this problem,

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Sindre|ProperHost
Mentor

Total Posts:  1158

After installing the theme from Magento Connect and changing template in the Admin Panel, did you clear your cache?

Magento Community
Magento Community

sandysmith

Total Posts:  2

Sindre|ProperHost - 04 September 2012 03:47 AM

After installing the theme from Magento Connect and changing template in the Admin Panel, did you clear your cache?

yes i did , and log in and out admin
i also try another tamplate but it also display default template too
physically where can i find the installed files for the template installed by magento-connected

for the manual method
and have aquestion
when i navigate original skin folder i found it contain (adminhtml- frontend-i nstall)
how i replace it with the skin folder of the template which only contain (frontend)
this may cause the error when change template manually?

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community