Magento Forum

Can’t add products to fresh install 1.2.0.2

landykos

Total Posts:  6

I can not add products in the admin. I can do everything else but can not add products. When I click on Add Product button I get pushed to a Error Submission Form with the following information.

There has been an error processing your request.

Wrong tab configuration
Trace:
#0 [internal function]: Mage_Adminhtml_Block_Widget_Tabs->addTab(’googleoptimizer’, ‘tab_googleoptim...’)
#1 /data/9/1/18/18/1344018/user/1440845/htdocs/ataghi/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Layout.php(338): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
#2 /data/9/1/18/18/1344018/user/1440845/htdocs/ataghi/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Layout.php(204): Mage_Core_Model_Layout->_generateAction(Object(Mage_Core_Model_Layout_Element), Object(Mage_Core_Model_Layout_Element))
#3 /data/9/1/18/18/1344018/user/1440845/htdocs/ataghi/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Layout.php(200): Mage_Core_Model_Layout->generateBlocks(Object(Mage_Core_Model_Layout_Element))
#4 /data/9/1/18/18/1344018/user/1440845/htdocs/ataghi/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Action.php(284): Mage_Core_Model_Layout->generateBlocks()
#5 /data/9/1/18/18/1344018/user/1440845/htdocs/ataghi/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Action.php(221): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Action->generateLayoutBlocks()
#6 /data/9/1/18/18/1344018/user/1440845/htdocs/ataghi/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/Controller/Action.php(227): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Action->loadLayout(Array, true, true)
#7 /data/9/1/18/18/1344018/user/1440845/htdocs/ataghi/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/controllers/Catalog/ProductController.php(187): Mage_Adminhtml_Controller_Action->loadLayout(Array)
#8 /data/9/1/18/18/1344018/user/1440845/htdocs/ataghi/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Action.php(348): Mage_Adminhtml_Catalog_ProductController->newAction()
#9 /data/9/1/18/18/1344018/user/1440845/htdocs/ataghi/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Router/Admin.php(143): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Action->dispatch(’new’)
#10 /data/9/1/18/18/1344018/user/1440845/htdocs/ataghi/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Front.php(174): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Router_Admin->match(Object(Mage_Core_Controller_Request_Http))
#11 /data/9/1/18/18/1344018/user/1440845/htdocs/ataghi/magento/app/Mage.php(450): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Front->dispatch()
#12 /data/9/1/18/18/1344018/user/1440845/htdocs/ataghi/magento/index.php(52): Mage::run()
#13 {main}

Please Help!

Thanks in advance,
LK

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

antoni vidal

Total Posts:  18

Same problem, any idea?

Magento Community
Magento Community

landykos

No, I haven’t been able to find anything! I’ve looked all over don’t know what it could be. I’m about to try another fresh install this time I’m going to add the sample data so that I have products from the start and see what happens with that.

If you hear anything please let me know.

Thanks,
LK

Magento Community
Magento Community

MikeCohenMedia

Total Posts:  2

I and at least one other person have posted the exact same issue, no reply

Magento Community
Magento Community

landykos

Hey jshpro2, thanks for your reply. I looked for that line in that file but found nothing. I see a few lines that show the throw error for the Wrong tab configuration. But no where in that file do I see anything for addtab(’googleoptimizer’, ‘tab_googleoptim..’)

Thanks,
LK

Magento Community
Magento Community

Burko

Total Posts:  1

I have the same error with new install of 1.2.0.3

Magento Community
Magento Community

robp9534

Total Posts:  1

I have a similar problem on a fresh install of 1.2.0.3 on a Fedora 10 system. The only changes to the default installation are that I have temporarily deleted the .htaccess file (in order to solve a different issue with adding/modifying Categories), and deleted all products out of the sample database.

My specific problem is that I can’t add simple or downloadable products. When selecting “Continue” from the “New Product/Create Product Settings” page, I get in internal server error (500). It appears to work properly for the other Product Types.

Anyone else seen this issue?

Magento Community
Magento Community

szotyi

Total Posts:  153

same error with 1.2.1 :(

pls help!

Magento Community
Magento Community

szotyi

I have found the solution!
app/design/adminhtml/default/default/layout/googleoptimizer.xml

changed to:

<layout>

<!--
Layout handle for budle products
-->

</
layout>

do I remove some important feutares with this?

thnx.

Magento Community
Magento Community

szotyi

ok I have also found the cause as well.

First time I have download the tar.gz version and I was uploading the file through the hosting companies online ftp service and it was uncompressing… And probably it was not successful in some files.
I found out the problem when I noticed that some filenames were not complete… For example the available.ph and misssing the ‘tml’, and 1 or 2 table were not created in the databases.. So I tried the .zip and uploaded that and the server was uncompressing this one, and all of my problem has solved…

Magento Community
Magento Community

Yumi

Total Posts:  7

Needless to say that I have the same error on the latest version installed yesterday.

Tried complete reinstall --> same issue
Tried edit the googleoptimizer.xml file as suggested --> same issue

Hope somebody comes up with a solution.

Michael

Magento Community
Magento Community

szotyi

"Tried edit the googleoptimizer.xml file as suggested --> same issue”

u need to clear the cache in the admin.

system/cache management, select refresh and then Layered Navigation Indices, press Refresh now

but I really suggest you to find the cause as well because Im pretty sure that you will find more and more errors during your work with it and it will be annoying after a while.

Did you upload the tar? or gz version? Maybe try to unzip in your computer and upload the folders and files manually… not the best way but worth to try

Magento Community
Magento Community

Yumi

Total Posts:  7

You are right, already found more problems. And solved the one with the missing table already before!

My solution is to go back to Joomla/Virtuemart for the time being and wait for a further development step of Magento. Maybe I try again in 3 month or so.

Michael

Magento Community
Magento Community

dltr_org

Total Posts:  167
rockdale, sydney, australia

Same here, Tried lot of options nothing works for cms page edit only. More info:

http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/179767/

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community