Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 1 of 2
Payflow Pro processing not working after upgrade

fishnut

Total Posts:  45

I upgraded to 1.2.0.2 over the weekend, everything went great - mostly- except when I place practice orders and try to checkout I get the error “User authentication failed” I checked my payflow pro information and it is all correct.  I even have another store on 1.1.8 using the same credentials and it works, but the upgraded site does not.  The site was also working great before the upgrade and I didn’t have any issues with user authentication failed....

Anyone else ran into this problem, or have any solutions? 

I talked with Paypal, they recommended resetting my password, I did, updated account setting and it still doesn’t work.  Any help would be much appreciated!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

niceoutfit

Total Posts:  22
Rock HIll, SC

I’m having this same issue. I’m running 1.2.0.3. Anybody figure out a fix for this issue?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Crucial
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  770
Phoenix, AZ

At what step does this error come up, e.g. in a step-by-step fashion, how would you replicate this? Can I get the error when I “proceed to checkout,” or is it after I’ve entered all my details and get ready to finalize the order?

Magento Community
Magento Community

niceoutfit

Rock HIll, SC

I get the error once I’ve put in all my credit card information, click continue and then click “place order”. It spins like it is processing and before the upgrade it would successfully go through but now I just get this user authentication error. It’s as if the way magento is now sending the payflow pro credentials isn’t correct so it’s not allowing us to process the card.

Magento Community
Magento Community

fishnut

I was able to get mine to work.  Turns out that something must have changed in the new version of Magento because if you have any special characters (!@#$%^&*) in your payflow pro password it gives you a user authentication failure.

I changed my password and took out any special characters and after that it works fine. Hopefully that works for you

Magento Community
Magento Community

niceoutfit

Rock HIll, SC

Hot snot fishnut, that did it! I had an exclamation point in my password and once I removed it, the checkout process completed successfully.

I owe you a beer…

Magento Community
Magento Community

Top Cat

Total Posts:  21

Anyone still having problems with Paypal PayFlow? Ours does not work and our password doesn’t have any special charaters in it…

It was working before but since the update to 1.2.1.1 it stopped working. We don’t get any errors just the payment does not apper in the paypal account....

Magento Community
Magento Community

fishnut

I haven’t had any errors since before, sorry I can’t help

Magento Community
Magento Community

turbotronic

Total Posts:  1

I am using version 1.2.1.2 and I also seem to be having issues with PayFlow Pro… my password is completely alpha-numeric and eight characters long so I don’t think that is the issue. I seem to have everything setup correctly however my transactions are not going though and I get an error saying “There was an error processing your order, please contact us or try again later once I hit the “PLACE ORDER” button…

Any thoughts/help here would be appreciated greatly!!!

-Thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community

forrest

Total Posts:  15
Olympia, WA

fishnut - 26 January 2009 03:53 PM

I was able to get mine to work.  Turns out that something must have changed in the new version of Magento because if you have any special characters (!@#$%^&*) in your payflow pro password it gives you a user authentication failure.

I changed my password and took out any special characters and after that it works fine. Hopefully that works for you

This worked for me too.  I am running Magento ver. 1.3.2.1

Thanks Fishnut!

Magento Community
Magento Community

ForgetHangovers

Total Posts:  83
Maryland, USA

Confirmed using v1.3.2.1
No Special Characters Allowed.  Hopefully this will be fixed in a future version.
-Chris

Magento Community
Magento Community

forrest

Total Posts:  15
Olympia, WA

The authorization error has been fixed, but now regardless of the card being used, an error stating, “The page at http://www....  says Declined”.  Does anyone have any ideas why this might be happening?

I am running Magento ver. 1.3.2.1

Thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community

Han Solo

Total Posts:  4

I’m seeing similar errors.  I’m trying to upgrade from 1.0 to 1.3.2.2, and I’m noticing that all of the parameters being sent up to Payflow Pro in 1.3.2.2 are urlencoded.  Spaces are converted to + in the address, which causes an AVS failure.  The @ in the customer’s email address is also urlencoded.  I’ve confirmed that this does not happen in the 1.0 release.  Based on other replies to this thread, this behavior was introduced well before 1.3.2.2.

Anyone know why this is happening or how to fix it?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Han Solo

I figured it out.  It looks like there’s a bug in lib/Varien/Http/Client.php on line 65.  This class is trying to override the protected _prepareBody() method from the Zend Framework HTTP client class, but it’s using the wrong method name.

I changed this method:

protected function prepare_body()
{
        $body 
parent::prepare_body();

if (!
$this->_urlEncodeBody && $body{
            $body 
urldecode($body);

$this->setHeaders('Content-length'strlen($body));

}

return $body;
}

* Note: There is no Zend_Http_Client::prepare_body() method, but there is a Zend_Http_Client::_prepareBody() method.

Change this method to the following:

/**
 * @override
 */
protected function _prepareBody()

{
        $body 
parent::_prepareBody();

if (!
$this->_urlEncodeBody && $body{
            $body 
urldecode($body);

$this->setHeaders('Content-length'strlen($body));

}

return $body;

}

I grepped for any references to the “prepare_body()” method, but came up with no results other than the class it’s defined in:

$ grep -R “prepare_body” /var/www/html/
/var/www/html/lib/Varien/Http/Client.php:  protected function prepare_body()
/var/www/html/lib/Varien/Http/Client.php:  $body = parent::prepare_body();

app/code/core/Mage/Paygate/Model/Payflow/Pro.php calls the Varien_Http_Client::setUrlEncodeBody(false) method, but the without the above changes, the body of the POST data sent to PayFlow Pro will be urlencoded, thus causing the address and email address to contain urlencoded characters.

Magento Community
Magento Community

zindrew

Total Posts:  30

turbotronic - 09 May 2009 09:49 AM

I am using version 1.2.1.2 and I also seem to be having issues with PayFlow Pro… my password is completely alpha-numeric and eight characters long so I don’t think that is the issue. I seem to have everything setup correctly however my transactions are not going though and I get an error saying “There was an error processing your order, please contact us or try again later once I hit the “PLACE ORDER” button…

Any thoughts/help here would be appreciated greatly!!!

-Thanks

I am having the same error: “"There was an error processing your order, please contact us or try again later.” in a Javascript alert.  Was any one able to correct this?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Han Solo

zindrew - 07 August 2009 06:53 AM

I am having the same error: “"There was an error processing your order, please contact us or try again later.” in a Javascript alert.  Was any one able to correct this?

Did you try the fix I posted above?  It’s possible your fields are being URL encoded which is causing them to be declined.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 1 of 2