Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Imported images not showing up in admin

digitalrain

Total Posts:  5

I am developing a Magento site using v. 1.7. The site is working great so far and I am able to import
products and images just fine.

The problem, however, is that although I can see the images on the front end, if I go to Manage Products and pull up
one of the products I just imported and go to the Images tab, it shows No Image.

Please help!

Many thanks,

Cynthia gulp

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Store_Manager
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  867

Hmm.. difficult to tell right away what may cause the issue.

Can you please tell me - maybe you upgraded from older Magento version recently?

And also can you please provide me the link as you product image you have at your web-site as an example.

It may help to provide you possible suggestions or solution.

Magento Community
Magento Community

stolinski

Total Posts:  14
Ann Arbor

digitalrain - 31 August 2012 06:04 AM

I am developing a Magento site using v. 1.7. The site is working great so far and I am able to import
products and images just fine.

The problem, however, is that although I can see the images on the front end, if I go to Manage Products and pull up
one of the products I just imported and go to the Images tab, it shows No Image.

Please help!

Many thanks,

Cynthia gulp

Hi, did you ever find a solution to your problem? I’m having the exact same issue. v. 1.7. Products imported fine, show up on the front-end, but nothing on the backend under products > images. This is a very odd frustrating problem. Is there anyone else who has worked this out?

Magento Community
Magento Community

lynnch

Total Posts:  4

I was having this issue and solved it by adding a value to the field: _media_attribute_id in the import csv.

If you manually insert one image and then export, you will see a number in that field, I just put that same number into _media_attribute_id for all the products in the import csv, and they now show up in the admin also.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Kmmel

Total Posts:  2

lynnch - 30 October 2012 11:59 PM

I was having this issue and solved it by adding a value to the field: _media_attribute_id in the import csv.

If you manually insert one image and then export, you will see a number in that field, I just put that same number into _media_attribute_id for all the products in the import csv, and they now show up in the admin also.

For me this was not enough to solve the problem. I had to add two more fields:

_media_position

_media_is_disabled

to get the job done.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community