Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Product import - Image’s not saving as base, thumb or small? 

neal_swalk

Total Posts:  14

Hi guys,

I’ve read a few posts with various problems after importing products/images etc.

I’ve tackled the worst really.

I’m running a Magento 1.7 site that’s been recently upgraded from 1.4.

I’ve exported all the products (3000+), updated a few prices etc and re-imported, all fine.

I then moved the images into the media/import folder and its all worked great! Apart from one little thing,

On certain products there is no base,small or thumbnail image set. For example there is one picture and it shows up in the More Views area, but not as the main image. When I try to set any of the base, thumb or small option’s and hit save, it just resets and unselects them all? This is only on a few products not all of them?

Very weird…

We don’t have any extra store fronts or anything…

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

neal_swalk

Update,

I do believe this could be the error from the system.log file…

d Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Db_Abstract::_afterSave() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /var/www/html/app/code/local/Aitoc/Aitoptionstemplate/Model/Mysql4/Rewrite/Product/Option.php on line 166
2012-08-17T10:42:09+00:00 ERR (3): Strict Notice: Non-static method Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Db_Abstract::_afterSave() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /var/www/html/app/code/local/Aitoc/Aitoptionstemplate/Model/Mysql4/Rewrite/Product/Option.php on line 166
2012-08-17T10:42:09+00:00 ERR (3): Strict Notice: Non-static method Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Db_Abstract::_afterSave() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /var/www/html/app/code/local/Aitoc/Aitoptionstemplate/Model/Mysql4/Rewrite/Product/Option.php on line 166
2012-08-17T10:42:09+00:00 ERR (3): Strict Notice: Non-static method Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Db_Abstract::_afterSave() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /var/www/html/app/code/local/Aitoc/Aitoptionstemplate/Model/Mysql4/Rewrite/Product/Option/Value.php on line 157

Magento Community
Magento Community

Store_Manager
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  867

Hi there,

Not sure what is the reason of the issue.

What I can offer you is to try to set base, thumb or small option’s for the image using desktop solution called Store Manager -
http://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect/store-manager-for-magento.html (14-days trial available for download)

So if it helps and the images will be visible on the front-end, it will be possible to say if it is some issue with database or Magento installation (caused by the upgrade).

It just a hint to try, but it might be helpful for finding the reason of the issue.

Magento Community
Magento Community

renecrosby

Total Posts:  16

Hi neal_swalk,

The problem is that you’ve not upgraded your Magento properly but refer the both post and you can solve your problems:
http://indieswebs.com/blog/upgrade-magento-core-to-the-latest-version/
http://indieswebs.com/blog/upgrade-to-latest-magento-using-fresh-install-technique/

Let me know if you are still having problem.

Magento Community
Magento Community

neal_swalk

Hi,

Thanks for the replys guys.

We’ve since ran a fresh install and just moved our products over, well, still in the process of doing so, so fingers crossed that will sort it.

I figured it had something to do with the upgrade, I will save your guides for future use!

Thanks again

Neal

Magento Community
Magento Community

ChromeMedia

Total Posts:  3
Waterloo, Ontario

We’re having this same issue when attempting to upload products via CSV.  We’re running the newest version of Magento and have everything updated.  We’re on the brink of uploading well over 800 products and I certainly do not want to have to go in and manually select those radial options for each and every product after the upload.  Any solutions would be greatly appreciated.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community