Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Edit Dataflow profile for manufacturer’s CSV

Magent0J

Total Posts:  9

From the manufacturer I got a updated CSV every 30 minutes, so I can\\\\\\\’t change the CSV itself. The CSV is not Magento optimized. Some things are not standard possible with the built in Dataflow profile. Some things I can\\\\\\\’t find out:
- Magento uses category ID\\\\\\\’s. With the CSV from the manufacturer we get a lay-out like this: Main article group -> Sub article group -> Subsub article group. Also they used \\\\\\\"product hierarchy\\\\\\\’s\\\\\\\”
- When you want to sell products with different sizes in 1 product, you have to use the grouped products option. In this CSV the products are ordered separated.
- Product relations are made in the columns Product Relation1, Product Relation2, Product Relation 3.

Can you help us with editing the Dataflow Profile for using with this CSV? Or maybe using another program for it?
Every help is appreciated!
We have a very short deadline for 1 October because the previous hosting stops and we have so much to do to make the site working.

I am sorry for my bad English.
I\’ve added a short example of our manufacturers CSV as attachment. (In the .pdf file-type because CSV is not allowed to upload.)

Thanks in advance!

File Attachments
DATAFEED.pdf  (File Size: 106KB - Downloads: 84)

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Store_Manager
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  867

Hello,

Actually, I know the solution that will be definitely useful in your situation. It is called Automated Product Import. You can benefit from it, since if I understood you correctly you need constantly update your store with the file from supplier automatically and on schedule each period you need. This application is desktop and can be used in combination with Store Manager for Magento software only. 

Using the combination of those 2 products all you need to do is to set up import for the first time and set the time of scheduled update and all the further updates will be done automatically taking the data from your supplier.

I will go through the specific questions you asked and give explanations concerning that applications I offered.

Magento uses category ID\\\\\\\’s. With the CSV from the manufacturer we get a lay-out like this: Main article group -> Sub article group -> Subsub article group. Also they used \\\\\\\"product hierarchy\\\\\\\’s\\\\\\\”

I examined your file and saw that you have categories and subcategories in separate columns. For Store Manager and Automated product import categories and sub-categories (category path) should be placed in one column. However, it is not the problem, since the columns can be easily merged. So Store Manager can handle import of the data like that.

- When you want to sell products with different sizes in 1 product, you have to use the grouped products option. In this CSV the products are ordered separated.
- Product relations are made in the columns Product Relation1, Product Relation2, Product Relation 3.

Also I noticed that in the example you provided, product relations are empty. Can you provide the example of the values you have indicated there?
Since generally, if you have SKUs of related products there (those related to grouped product), then they will be imported correctly with correct relations and from frontend will be available as separate products as well as in groped product page (as variant to choose).

In any case, here you can find 14-days trial versions for both Store Manager and Automated Product Import - http://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect/store-manager-for-magento.html

If you have any questions, please ask and I will gladly help you if any assistance required.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Magent0J

Total Posts:  9

Store_Manager - 28 August 2012 08:03 AM

Hello,

Actually, I know the solution that will be definitely useful in your situation. It is called Automated Product Import. You can benefit from it, since if I understood you correctly you need constantly update your store with the file from supplier automatically and on schedule each period you need. This application is desktop and can be used in combination with Store Manager for Magento software only. 

Using the combination of those 2 products all you need to do is to set up import for the first time and set the time of scheduled update and all the further updates will be done automatically taking the data from your supplier.

I will go through the specific questions you asked and give explanations concerning that applications I offered.

Magento uses category ID\\\\\\\’s. With the CSV from the manufacturer we get a lay-out like this: Main article group -> Sub article group -> Subsub article group. Also they used \\\\\\\"product hierarchy\\\\\\\’s\\\\\\\”

I examined your file and saw that you have categories and subcategories in separate columns. For Store Manager and Automated product import categories and sub-categories (category path) should be placed in one column. However, it is not the problem, since the columns can be easily merged. So Store Manager can handle import of the data like that.

Also I noticed that in the example you provided, product relations are empty. Can you provide the example of the values you have indicated there?
Since generally, if you have SKUs of related products there (those related to grouped product), then they will be imported correctly with correct relations and from frontend will be available as separate products as well as in groped product page (as variant to choose).

In any case, here you can find 14-days trial versions for both Store Manager and Automated Product Import - http://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect/store-manager-for-magento.html

If you have any questions, please ask and I will gladly help you if any assistance required.

Thank you for your reply!
Okay, but my PC is not always powered on. The CSV file is located in a FTP server from the manufacturer.
The category columns can be merged, but I’ve you understand, I can’t update my CSV every 30 minutes. I hope it will work with the program?
Yes, product relations are empty but in the original CSV some fields are filled with SKU’s that should be showed with a product. So that are not for example the same products with difference sizes, but different products that are related to each other.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Store_Manager
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  867

Hi again,

CSV file is located in a FTP server from the manufacturer

It is not a problem, since Automated Product Import and Store Manager handle import as from local .csv file as well as from HTTP or FTP link to that .csv file.

but I’ve you understand, I can’t update my CSV every 30 minutes

Actually, on contrary, I meant that you set up import settings for the first time and then the import will be running automatically (without the need for you to administrate it or perform import manually). You can set up the time of update - if you need every 30 minutes, it is possible.

Yes, product relations are empty but in the original CSV some fields are filled with SKU’s that should be showed with a product. So that are not for example the same products with difference sizes, but different products that are related to each other.

If product relations have SKUs then it will work. If you have them also in different columns, then during import we can make them as grouped products using rule, where one main products will have SKUs of related products.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community