Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Why doesn’t magento display product pictures by default? 

PipSqueak

Total Posts:  1

I uploaded all the photos for a product, but it stays at “no image” for base, small and thumbnail. I’d have to manually set the base,small and thumbnail.

I think Magento should have set the first image as product image as soon as images are uploaded, the “no image” shouldn’t be default.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Siggi_Schmitz
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  811

PipSqueak - 27 August 2012 11:32 PM

....I think Magento should have set the first image as product image as soon as images are uploaded, the “no image” shouldn’t be default.

But it is grin
And there is no way to change this (without editing the code).

Magento Community
Magento Community

Store_Manager
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  867

Hi there,

Most likely you need to assign images for columns base, small and thumbnail in order for images to be reflected there.

You can do it from admin - export data, make changes in the file and import it back.

Also you can use other solution which have more flexible system of columns assigning. You can try to re-import via Store Manager for Magento application -
http://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect/store-manager-for-magento.html (free trial available for download)

Via Store Manager you can export products to the file, import it back and in the process of import assign your columns with images to columns for base, small and thumbnail images of database.

In any case trial version is free and you can give it a try. Let me know if it helped.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community