Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 2 of 2
Paypal Express - Rounding issue causes NVP gateway error

elfling
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  901

Have you tried the download yet?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

lansonrunning

Total Posts:  7

After installing Paypal express checkout on our site we started to get a few of these Paypal errors and there are a lot of people writing code ‘hacks’ to get round the problem and there are some indifferent results. I tried a few of them with limited success.

And then I stumbled across settings in Magento that can fix this quite safely and easily:

Config > System > Tax > Calculation Settings

I changed the tax calculation from Subtotal to Row Total and tried sending baskets / carts of goods to Paypal with shipping charges, different discounts and changing the currency in Magento. So far so good.

I am not going to claim that this is a 100% fix but the subtle difference between these calculations methods does lead to small 0.01 differences in the totals and as an accountant I see this all the time with supplier invoices. Magento allows for both methods but the default is seemingly the wrong setting for a Paypal integration.

Magento Community
Magento Community

evensis

Total Posts:  5

I wrote the fix posted by elfing, I’m glad some people are having good results.

It worked perfectly for myself on the sandbox PayPal environment, as soon as I deployed it to production, all hell broke loose with the same issue.

PayPal are utterly useless, the integration manager I’ve been speaking to just blurts out API commands to send along, no help at all to resolve the underlying issue.

Rumor goes it, the tax rounding errors has been fixed in 1.8, no help for the moment though!

Magento Community
Magento Community

elfling
Enthusiast

Interesting. This solved all of our redirect problems on installations using Paypal express getting the miss match error.

So you haven’t had any success with it at all?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Phil85

Total Posts:  12
London

elfling

Unfortunately your Paypal fix has not worked for us.

We have the following tax config - all setups including tax, tax applied after discount.

We have also setup to round to 4dp.

We are still getting paypal reject on rounding issue!

No fix seems to be universal and work for all, this problem is a nightmare and should have been fixed by now as it is essential to European sites!

Emagen - UK Magento Web Designers

Magento Community
Magento Community

elfling
Enthusiast

For me I had to set Transfer Cart Line Items to NO and the 4dp

Magento Community
Magento Community

creativemgroup

Total Posts:  7
UK & USA

You don’t have to try this dirty hack anymore. Seems to be fixed in 1.8 of Magento. Let it come into stable and then deploy that version of Magento.

Magento Community
Magento Community

loeffel
Guru

Total Posts:  427

Maybe somebody is willing to take the changes from 1.8 alpha and make a module for 1.7…

Magento Community
Magento Community

cblmagento

Total Posts:  1

For anyone trying to resolve this in 1.7 I just tried replaced the NVP file for the PayPalUK module from the 1.8 release and it seems to resolve it.

It does however pass the transaction over to PayPal without the line items even though transfer line items is set to Yes in the config and there is no discount applied.

Which probably isn’t how it’s supposed to work but if that’s not an issue then this is a quick fix.

Magento Community
Magento Community

loeffel
Guru

This fixed it for me: http://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect/3016.html

cblmagento, I think we would have to replace the entire tax core code for all fixes to apply..

Magento Community
Magento Community

connor2k

Total Posts:  14

I am on version 1.8 and we are still getting the issue. Anyone else experience that?

Magento Community
Magento Community

loeffel
Guru

connor2k, maybe this is of help to you: http://www.magentocommerce.com/knowledge-base/entry/magento-ce-18-ee-113-tax-calc

Magento Community
Magento Community

loeffel
Guru

Ok so while this extension http://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect/3016.html fixed the problem for most cases, the error can still appear if a customer receives free shipping.We have a cartrule set up that offers shipping for orders above a specific order amount and sometimes this works, other times the customer is receiving the 10413 error.

Magento Community
Magento Community

sasoriza

Total Posts:  4

--- UPDATE 04/28/2014 ---

We are currently using elflings fix on 1.8.1.0 and this seems to be working.

--- ORIGINAL POST ---

Updated to 1.8.1.0 and still no luck.

I filed a bug report:
http://www.magentocommerce.com/bug-tracking/issue?issue=16202

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 2 of 2