Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 3 of 3
How to apply v0.7.15480 Upgrade on 1&1

Moshe
Magento Team

Total Posts:  1770
Los Angeles

@Catia: actually this line exists in stock .htaccess:

############################################
## this line is specific for 1and1 hosting

#AddType x-mapp-php5 .php

/index.php/ will always exist in URLs for admin and install, and can be removed in frontend URLs by editing configuration value in Admin > System > Config > Web > Use Web Server Rewrites = Yes.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

DDMAN

Total Posts:  179

I’m doing a fresh install on 1and1 and it is working fine until I get to the point where it ask for the database information. When I input the database information it gives me a access denied error.

SQLSTATE[28000] [1045] Access denied for user 'dbxxxxxxxxx'@'xx.xxx.xx.xxx' (using passwordYES)
Database connection error

I previously installed version 0.7.14800 fine without errors for database.

My last installation I installed on a domain http://www.mydomain.com and this pointed to a folder in my 1and1 shared account that was not the root folder of my account. It worked fine.

Now I am installing the newest version 0.7.15480 on another domain that points to a different folder in my 1and1 account that is also not the root folder of my 1and1 account. This domain is store.myotherdomain.com so it is using a subdomain that is pointing to the folder where I’m installing 7.15480

the domain http://www.myotherdomain.com is actually on a different host and I simply have the subdomain store.myotherdomain.com pointing to my 1and1 account.

I’m thinking my database access denied is related to this issue and not Magento but I thought I’d post it to see if others are experiencing this. I’m contacting 1and1 support as well

Thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community

Catia

Total Posts:  21

@Moshe

What I was trying to say in my previous post is that I need <u>both</u> an AddType and an AddHandler command for PHP5 to work with my 1&1;account, as follows:

AddType x-mapp-php5 .php
AddHandler x
-mapp-php5 .php
If either one of these commands is missing, I get the “Whoops, it looks like you have an invalid PHP version” error.  I am not sure why this is the case, since other 1&1;users seem to get by with just the “AddType” command that you included in the stock .htaccess… But I thought I would mention this particularity anyways.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 3 of 3