Magento Forum

Page 2 of 3
How to apply v0.7.15480 Upgrade on 1&1

winans_fred

Total Posts:  83

Everything I have done has led me down the same path.  I can’t pull locale options any more, and although the site runs itself, I get this error (and I already addressed the ZEND/php 5.2.5 error so that is ruled out)

Warningksort() expects parameter 1 to be array, boolean given in /home/myonline/public_html/store/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Locale.php on line 200[0] in ksort() in /home/myonline/public_html/store/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Locale.php on line 200[1] in Mage_Core_Model_Locale->getOptionTimezones() in /home/myonline/public_html/store/app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/Model/System/Config/Source/Locale/Timezone.php on line 29[2] in Mage_Adminhtml_Model_System_Config_Source_Locale_Timezone->toOptionArray() in /home/myonline/public_html/store/app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/Block/System/Config/Form.php on line 144[3] in Mage_Adminhtml_Block_System_Config_Form->initForm() in /home/myonline/public_html/store/app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/Block/System/Config/Edit.php on line 84[4] in Mage_Adminhtml_Block_System_Config_Edit->initForm() in /home/myonline/public_html/store/app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/controllers/System/ConfigController.php on line 70[5] in Mage_Adminhtml_System_ConfigController->editAction() in /home/myonline/public_html/store/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Action.php on line 332[6] in Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Action->dispatch("edit"in /home/myonline/public_html/store/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Router/Admin.php on line 136[7] in Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Router_Admin->match(Mage_Core_Controller_Request_Httpin /home/myonline/public_html/store/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Front.php on line 166[8] in Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Front->dispatch() in /home/myonline/public_html/store/app/Mage.php on line 411[9] in Mage::run("base"in /home/myonline/public_html/store/index.php on line 29

Warning
Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/myonline/public_html/store/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Locale.php on line 201[0] in Mage_Core_Model_Locale->getOptionTimezones() in /home/myonline/public_html/store/app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/Model/System/Config/Source/Locale/Timezone.php on line 29[1] in Mage_Adminhtml_Model_System_Config_Source_Locale_Timezone->toOptionArray() in /home/myonline/public_html/store/app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/Block/System/Config/Form.php on line 144[2] in Mage_Adminhtml_Block_System_Config_Form->initForm() in /home/myonline/public_html/store/app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/Block/System/Config/Edit.php on line 84[3] in Mage_Adminhtml_Block_System_Config_Edit->initForm() in /home/myonline/public_html/store/app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/controllers/System/ConfigController.php on line 70[4] in Mage_Adminhtml_System_ConfigController->editAction() in /home/myonline/public_html/store/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Action.php on line 332[5] in Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Action->dispatch("edit"in /home/myonline/public_html/store/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Router/Admin.php on line 136[6] in Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Router_Admin->match(Mage_Core_Controller_Request_Httpin /home/myonline/public_html/store/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Front.php on line 166[7] in Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Front->dispatch() in /home/myonline/public_html/store/app/Mage.php on line 411[8] in Mage::run("base"in /home/myonline/public_html/store/index.php on line 29

When i try to do a clean re-install I get the same errors when install tries to grab timezones in step 2 of install.

My version, as well, still says 0.7.14800 even though I downloaded every new package via pear.

HELP!!!!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Moshe
Magento Team

Total Posts:  1770
Los Angeles

It might have been downloaded but timed out on install..
PEAR upgrades are still very experimental, and I would suggest installing the complete package in your case.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Brady
Guru

Total Posts:  330
Orange County, CA

Just an FYI, here’s 1&1’s response to my inquiry about running PHP 5 natively.

My original question to 1&1:

I’m trying to install a PHP application that uses PEAR to install itself.  I have the .htaccess file setup to load PHP5, which the
application requires.

The problem is, PEAR does not see the .htaccess file, so it still thinks I’m using PHP4.  How do I load PHP 5 so PEAR will see it?

Their response:

With 1&1;Linux hosting packages you have the choice between PHP 3, PHP 4 and PHP 5. To distinguish a script as PHP 5, simply name the script with the file extension .php5.

While the PHP developers have done their utmost to ensure compatibility, we cannot guarantee that PHP 4 scripts will function 100% correctly under PHP 5.

Please note that in contrast to PHP 4, the default for the variable RegisterGlobals is “off”.

By default Apache uses PHP 4 for .php extension. If you don’t want to rename all your scripts to .php5 you can do the following:
Create a .htaccess file and place the following line AddType x-mapp-php5.php in it.

This will tell Apache to use PHP 5 instead of PHP 4 for the extension .php in the directory the .htaccess is placed and all sub-directories under it.

I’m not 99% sure I’m going to dump 1&1 and go with another hosting because this seems like a too half-a$$ed way of doing things.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Electric-dsctc

Total Posts:  35

So...how can I em..."manually" install the upgrades...? If the pear installation isn’t completed (I guess is my case)
or how can I roll it back or something like that so I can give it another try? (’cos now it only says that all is installed and that’s it)
(I just realized that 1&1;was a hosting enterprise...sorry if my post are out of place...my issue is local )

Magento Community
Magento Community

Moshe
Magento Team

Los Angeles

@Electric-dsctc: if you know location of your php5 executable binary, you could edit ./pear file in Magento root and update line 62 with absolute path to the executable, so it looks like this:

PHP=/usr/local/php5/bin/php

Magento Community
Magento Community

dell

Total Posts:  61

So, has anyone successfully installed 0.7.15400 on 1 & 1 shared hosting?  How about a complete fresh install.  Has any attempted a complete fresh install and successfully uploaded new version to 1 & 1?????

Thanks for any response

Electric-dsctc - 30 January 2008 03:19 AM

Hi there....
I did the install but the version is still 0.7.14800 !! the pear install says that I have nothing else to install/upgrade ; but as I checked the blog today and saw that the path hints are on this new version, I realised I’m still with the old one, because I don’t have that.
How can I do another upgrade or install...?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Brady
Guru

Orange County, CA

I’ve tried both an upgrade and fresh install (new database, new directory) with no luck with either.  Also tried using just the installer as well as the larger package with no luck.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Moshe
Magento Team

Los Angeles

I was able to install it perfectly fine on my 1&1;account with both complete package since version 0.7.14950 (internal). Trying now 0.7.15480

Make sure:
1. your database is Mysql version 5
2. uncomment 1&1;line in .htaccess
3. you can’t use Apache rewrites.
4. Choose “Continue SVN Installation” on install wizard download page.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Brady
Guru

Orange County, CA

Moshe - 30 January 2008 10:35 AM

3. you can’t use Apache rewrites.

Should we turn off Rewrites in the .htaccess file?

I’ve been using the PEAR Beta installer.  I’ll try SVN now.

UPDATE: I can confirm that it does work with the “Continue SVN Installation” option.  I’m using this on a fresh install, in the root folder of my 1&1 account.  There’s a new option for URL Rewrites when installing.  I left it unchecked, per Moshe’s instructions above.

Magento Community
Magento Community

lkbryant

Total Posts:  60

I can’t help but to say Brady is one patient fellow.

He been trying to get it working for over couple days now.  =p

Patience is virtue.

Magento Community
Magento Community

sebek

Total Posts:  1

Brady - 29 January 2008 01:38 PM

I REALLY think this whole “.htaccess to use PHP5” thing is the problem.

When I try to run the manual installation through SSH using “./pear install mage-core/Mage_Pear_Helpers mage-core/Lib_ZF mage-core/Lib_Varien”, I receive the following:

Ignoring installed package mage-core/Mage_Pear_Helpers
mage
-core/Lib_ZF requires PHP (version >= 5.2.0version <= 6.0.0excluded versions6.0.0), installed version is 4.4.7
mage
-core/Lib_Varien requires PHP (version >= 5.2.0version <= 6.0.0excluded versions6.0.0), installed version is 4.4.7
mage
-core/Lib_Varien requires package "mage-core/Lib_ZF" (version >= 0.7.15480)
mage-core/Lib_Varien requires PHP extension "pdo_mysql"
mage-core/Lib_Varien requires PHP extension "SimpleXML"
mage-core/Lib_Varien requires PHP extension "dom"
mage-core/Lib_Varien requires PHP extension "SPL"
No valid packages found
install failed

As noted in the error above, it’s seeing PHP version 4.4.7, not PHP 5.20 or above.

EDIT: I have an email in to 1&1 Tech Support about the ability to support PHP 5 with PEAR.  I’ll post in this thread when I hear back from them.

Hi
Try this:
Locate where is php 5 binary on your server (on my server it is in /usr/local/php5/bin/php)
Edit pear file in magento folder:
Find this part in original pear file:

# find which PHP binary to use
if test "x$MAGE_PEAR_PHP_BIN!= "x"then
  PHP
="$MAGE_PEAR_PHP_BIN"
else

PHP=php
fi

Change it to:

# find which PHP binary to use
#if test "x$MAGE_PEAR_PHP_BIN" != "x"; then
#  PHP="$MAGE_PEAR_PHP_BIN"
#else
#  PHP=php
#fi
PHP=/your/path/to/php5/binary

Worked for me.

And one more thing!
Every time I invoked ./pear something I had to:
1. change it once again - the script was reverting to it’s original version.
2. chmod a+x pear

PS. Sorry for my english

Magento Community
Magento Community

Moshe
Magento Team

Los Angeles

@Brady: 0.7.15480 installation went smoothly: http://s232203681.onlinehome.us/magento/

Magento Community
Magento Community

dell

Total Posts:  61

Moshe,

and the rest of you trail blazers on 1 & 1

Thanks for the help.

Backed up my db and used ssh to download 0.7.15480.tar.gz nto my domain root.
un zipped and un tarred the files into a resulting “magento” sub-directory
moved the files and directories up one level to domain

Followed Moshe’s directions exacty:
Make sure:
1. your database is Mysql version 5
2. uncomment 1&1;line in .htaccess
3. you can’t use Apache rewrites.  ( don’t modify hta, just leave uption unchecked in installation process)

Used my existing data base from version 0.7.14800 All information was preserved. 

Now all that’s left is to get pictures back.  Not sure yet if I can copy files from prior version or will need to load through the product interface.

Happy to be on this version without loosing 200 product pages.  grin

Magento Community
Magento Community

Brady
Guru

Orange County, CA

All the images are in the “media” folder.  You should only have to upload them to the new install.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Catia

Total Posts:  21

As suggested, I did a fresh install of v0.7.15480, choosing “Continue SVN Installation” and basically following the procedure outlined by Dell above.  However, I did have to make an extra change to the .htaccess so that PHP5 would be read properly on my 1&1;shared hosting.  I uncommented the “AddType” command that is specific for 1&1;hosting, and I also added the following line:

AddHandler x-mapp-php5 .php
It would be great if the Magento folks could add this line (commented) to the .htaccess code to make our lives even easier!

Also, I am still having issues with the URLs.  All of my URLs read “/magento/index.php/...” instead of just “/magento/...”.  I found some threads about fixing this problem by replacing “SCRIPT_NAME” with “ORIG_SCRIPT_NAME”.  I am willing to try this, but I was wondering if anyone has found a simpler way of fixing this problem?

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 2 of 3