Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

IE9 not allowing entry of credit card information

crabjack

Total Posts:  27

This issue has been skirted, but I haven’t seen a satisfactory resolution.
I am running Magento 1.7.0. I have added OneStepCheckout to elliminate a different problem I was having with checkout.  I am getting phone calls from irritated customers that after filling their shopping carts and entering their address, etc, they are unable to enter credit card information. The fields for credit card (and other options in the checkout process) are not available. After some research, this seems to be a problem between Magento and IE9: other people are having this problem.
There is a pop-up that will correct the problem, but it is not easy to see (microsoft wisdom) and implies that the site is insecure (it is secure).
I have seen some suggestions to correct this, mostly by making IE9 think it’s IE8, but so far I have not been able to make anything work. Part of this is possibly my limitations as a developer, but I feel I shouldn’t have to spend my time correcting Microsoft’s limitations. Is there any way to make IE think that it’s Firefox?
I know other people are having this problem. I welcome all suggestions.

Thank you,
John

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Siggi_Schmitz
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  811

I don`t use IE, but i think he has a javascript debug toolbar or something like else? Maybe there you can see javascript errors?

Magento Community
Magento Community

crabjack

Total Posts:  27

I don\’t think this is a bug, Siggi. I think it is something that microsoft, in its infinite wisdom, built into the browser. I\’m trying to figure out what I can do on my Magento store to make someone else\’s IE browser realize that my store is secure and it doesn\’t have to put up a warning.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community