Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

site not working when moving from local to server

UrKo

Total Posts:  22

hi all,

first let me say i searched the forum and found some anwsers but not all.

I was working on my site on local computer. then i upload the site to my host (host excellence), change the local.xml file and update the sql with this statement that i found here on forum.

UPDATE core_config_data SET value 'http://mysubdomain.com/myfolder/' WHERE path LIKE 'web/%/base_url'

Now the only thing that is working is the default page. It show everything correctly. But when i try to open anyother page or try to open login page for admin i get 404 error - file not found.

I followed some instruction that i found here on forum and did following:
- Add Store Code to Urls set to NO
- Use Web Server Rewrites set to NO
- Validate REMOTE_ADDR set to NO

This was all done on local computer, before i imported the db on server.

Could some1 tell me, what should i do so i can work on my site now that i have uploaded so i can finish entering my products?

Also i have noticed when i click on logo which is linked to index.php i get this:

app/Mage.php was not found

Mage.php is there and it’s not missing.

Any kind of help would be great as i dont know php at all.

Thanks

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community