Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Topmenu showing twice after upgrading to 1.7

kimoki

Total Posts:  10

Hi there.

First of all: I’m totally new to magento and had to assume a 1.6 shop from a former employee.

Now I had to update our system because of a security hint in our backend (http://www.magentocommerce.com/blog/comments/important-security-update-zend-platform-vulnerability/). I processed the update with the help of this website: http://turnkeye.com/blog/magento-upgrade-guide/ and got no error messages.

Now the navigation bar in frontend is shown twice… after some research I always found the same instuctions how to fix the problem:

remove

<reference name="top.menu">
    <
block type="catalog/navigation" name="catalog.topnav" template="catalog/navigation/top.phtml"/>
</
reference>
at the beginning of
/design/frontend/mytheme/default/layout/catalog.xml

Problem is, that there is NO catalog.xml inside our theme folder (lightshop_green template). So I searched inside the hole frontend folder for a catalog.xml file and got 3 results. But the lines quoted above aren’t in any of the catalog files…

Do you have any idea how to solve my problem?

Thanks a lot!
Philip

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

kimoki

Total Posts:  10

No one in this community who can give me some help?

I would be glad for every given hint. Thanks a lot.

Philip

Magento Community
Magento Community

Sohail Sajid

Total Posts:  1

just go to the following address.

app\design\frontend\base\default\layout

copy the catalog.xml file from here and go to the following address

app\design\frontend\default\YOUR_THEME\layout and past the file.

then open the file and remove the

<reference name="top.menu">
            <
block type="catalog/navigation" name="catalog.topnav" template="catalog/navigation/top.phtml"/>
        </
reference>

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community