Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Search results issue: Your search returns no results. 

bfnation

Total Posts:  54

just encountered a problem with our search results not showing, even though it was not the best results we still had results showing last week. Today we realized our search results are not working at all for magenta 1.6

this is our website: http://www.yoursportsmemorabiliastore.com

I even tried some extensions today and nothing.

Catalog search in the backend is:

Minimal Query Length 1
Maximum Query Length 1000
Maximum Query Words Count 0

Search Type fulltext

Search Results are Less Than 1000

PLEASE HELP!!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

shilpashr

Total Posts:  36

Im facing a similar issue. Search shows “Your search returns no results.”

Also tag cloud is not working. it says ‘No match found’

Magento Community
Magento Community

shilpashr

Total Posts:  36

Im facing a similar issue. Search shows “Your search returns no results.”

Also tag cloud is not working. it says ‘No match found’

Somebody please help

Magento Community
Magento Community

bfnation

Total Posts:  54

i actually reindex all the pages except url rewrite… try that

worked for me

Magento Community
Magento Community

Store_Manager
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  867

Hello,

It may be so that you did not indicate product search in the visibility section. Please, check your Visibility option for that products, there should be indicated “Catalog, Search” (its ID is 4 if you uploaded products via import, so it means that you needed to have in column Visibility number 4 indicated).

If you need to bulk change the visibility status of you uploaded products without having to perform re-import, you can do it by means of application called Store Manager -
http://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect/store-manager-for-magento.html

It is desktop one and there is free version, so it might be useful in your case. So you just choose the products in Store Manager, clink on Products Multi Editor and change Visibility to - Catalog search.

Please, note, that the products for which you are going to do changes need to be from one attribute set. If you have a couple of attribute sets, then you need to repeat the procedure for products of definite attribute search.
After the process you need to run re-index from the admin.
Let me know if it helped.

Magento Community
Magento Community

cigargerald

Total Posts:  7

There appears to be a bug in the system, even though it is saying visibitilty - catalog, search, it is not doing that.

Our products were imported with a 4 and show ok in Manage Products as visibility - catalog, search.

I was able to correct it by going in and selecting ALL and clicking update attributes, and then clicking change and choosing one of the other options.  And, then, going back and selecting ALL again, and then changing them to visibility - catalog, search.

And now, they are all showing up.

Using CE 1.7.0.2

I have reported this to the Development Team - 08/31/2012.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Mirasvit
Guru

Total Posts:  639

Hi

Take a look this search extension which enables the Sphinx-powered search with high-performance and more relevant search results.

Advanced Sphinx Search Pro
Search Spell-Correction

Image Attachments
sphinx_compare_results.png

Magento Community
Magento Community

rachfox

Total Posts:  2

Thank you so much. This is the only (of many, many) things that I tried that worked. Thanks for reporting this, too.

cigargerald - 31 August 2012 08:00 PM

There appears to be a bug in the system, even though it is saying visibitilty - catalog, search, it is not doing that.

Our products were imported with a 4 and show ok in Manage Products as visibility - catalog, search.

I was able to correct it by going in and selecting ALL and clicking update attributes, and then clicking change and choosing one of the other options.  And, then, going back and selecting ALL again, and then changing them to visibility - catalog, search.

And now, they are all showing up.

Using CE 1.7.0.2

I have reported this to the Development Team - 08/31/2012.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Brenda Dupler

Total Posts:  2

this site helped me http://forum.magebay.com/threads/fixed-your-search-returns-no-results.34/ if anyone is still have the search problem.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community