Magento Forum

Page 1 of 2
Pick List/ Pull List

brushwoodnursery

Total Posts:  23
Philly,PA USA

It would be great to have an order pick list for sending an employee out with a list of a bunch of orders at once. We use this very successfully at the nursery with Orderlist out of our osC store.
The list has products, order number, name and address, special notes. Saves paper and keeps the packing slips clean. Puller hands orders and list to Packer with checkbox for items pulled or backordered. Packer has checkbox, too. End of the day, the packer hands shipment printout and Pull list to office.

The list should be generated by check boxes or order status.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Cloud 9 Media

Total Posts:  5

I too would love to see this integrated.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Livefish.com.au

Total Posts:  13

Me Three!

I’ve implemented this in our current zen cart store, and it is a real productivity boost.

Magento Community
Magento Community

freshwebs

Total Posts:  153
Leicestershire, UK

My shout too!

Magento Community
Magento Community

Yarhajile

Total Posts:  90
Spokane, WA

We run an almost identical setup for our party & cake supplies store in osC. I’m gonna start working on this tomorrow and upload it as a module.

This is a deal-breaker feature for them, so hopefully I’ll have it soon since I’m dying to get them migrated over to Magento!

Magento Community
Magento Community

Yarhajile

Spokane, WA

Alright, I have the skeleton completed for this “pick list”. In it’s current state, it is more or less a replica of the packing slip MVC. So from the “Sales / Orders” page, I have a new drop-down action method of “Print Picktickets”. This new method generates a “pick ticket” (essentially a modified packing slip containing information that the warehouse needs) for each selected order. At the very last page(s) of the generated PDF document, an aggregated list of items to pick is created.

Now this is just a semi-working skeleton model pretty close to what we use in our warehouse for operations.  This procedure I’ve recreated, as I stated above, will generate a pick ticket for each individual selected order followed by an aggregate pick list at the end.

I’m seeing that it might be beneficial in some scenarios to simply generate a simple pick list. This would cut out printing the same info for each individual order, cutting down on paper/ink usage.

My question is, how should this approach be best met? Should we have, essentially, three new Actions for the selected orders? One for creating the pick list only.  One for creating the pick ticket for each order and, at the end, the pick list. And one for creating just the pick list. Can this somehow be consolidated and streamlined?

I want to hear from you how this should function so that it can be built to suit not just my own needs, but built for a “standards” based approach. Or rather, something that scales well from a small one-person operation shipping out of a closet to a multi-warehouse monster.

I’m gonna keep going on building this for our specific needs and should have something to show in the next couple of days. So I hope you get back with me soon on this so work together. Thanks!

Magento Community
Magento Community

Marnixvdb

Total Posts:  4

hi Yarhajile,

Great to hear you are working on this. We just implemented a magento shop and do really miss a pick list feature. I think having three additional options in the dropdown menu on the sales/order page may be a bit too much for most users, but if it’s a hassle to make this configurable (e.g. in the system configuraion), I’d much rather have a few extra options in the menu that I won’t be using much, than having no pick list option at all.

Marnix

Magento Community
Magento Community

Yarhajile

Spokane, WA

Would you agree then that two options would be sufficient? One for making the pick list, and one for making the pick ticket. Both options acting, of course, on the selected orders in the grid view?

Marnixvdb - 24 December 2008 02:36 AM

hi Yarhajile,

Great to hear you are working on this. We just implemented a magento shop and do really miss a pick list feature. I think having three additional options in the dropdown menu on the sales/order page may be a bit too much for most users, but if it’s a hassle to make this configurable (e.g. in the system configuraion), I’d much rather have a few extra options in the menu that I won’t be using much, than having no pick list option at all.

Marnix

Magento Community
Magento Community

radders

Total Posts:  162

I agree this would be an essential feature. We have streamlined this a bit on our current (non-Magento) site

We also use pick lists which are simply the total number of items for each sku.
Additionally for the packers, rather than a complete ‘pick ticket’ for each order we just print off a list of orders, with each order being followed by the items ordered.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Yarhajile

Spokane, WA

I see what you’re saying here and hope to have a decent solution for this within the next week. Gonna be out having Christmas with the family so I wont have anything to show on this in the next couple of days. I have it mostly complete now though in my development environment. 

Anyone wanna give me some ideas on how the pick list should be constructed? We have specifics for items such as warehouse row (A-Z) and warehouse row type (decorations, balloons, tableware), but wanna know what other specifics might need to be in the pick list so I have an idea of how to build the configuration for this module.

The more feedback I can get on this the better. Thanks everyone!

radders - 24 December 2008 06:12 AM

I agree this would be an essential feature. We have streamlined this a bit on our current (non-Magento) site

We also use pick lists which are simply the total number of items for each sku.
Additionally for the packers, rather than a complete ‘pick ticket’ for each order we just print off a list of orders, with each order being followed by the items ordered.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Marnixvdb

Yarhajile - 24 December 2008 05:22 AM

Would you agree then that two options would be sufficient? One for making the pick list, and one for making the pick ticket. Both options acting, of course, on the selected orders in the grid view?

Marnixvdb - 24 December 2008 02:36 AM
hi Yarhajile,

Marnix

For us that would definitely be sufficient. We used to work with the pick tickets only, but for bigger warehouses a pick list would be essential as well. Looking forward to having this option.

Magento Community
Magento Community

radders

Total Posts:  162

Oh yes, one thing I forget to mention is to have a total number of items and a total number of orders at the top or bottom of each report for checking purposes.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Marnixvdb

Yarhajile, do you happen to have any news on this feature? smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

Yarhajile

Spokane, WA

I’m about half finished with it, but haven’t worked on it for a couple weeks now. Been sidelined with other projects that are occupying all the work time I have. I’ll keep this thread posted on the progress though (once there is progress that is! ^_^) I’m hoping to dust it off in the next week or two and finish what I’ve started. Thanks!

Magento Community
Magento Community

AITOC
Guru

Total Posts:  618
US

Hi,
what can you say about http://www.magentocommerce.com/extension/1080/picklist
Is the problem solved or is there still room for a new extension?

Magento Community
Magento Community

LekeFly

Total Posts:  22

Any word on a picklist extention.. Anyone uses any programs for handling magneto orders? im desperatly looking for something like this..

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 1 of 2