Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Visibility issues (changed in SQL database)

BoylesWhite

Total Posts:  1

Hello,

I imported a list of 3,500(ish) products using dataflow. All went well but there were issues with the visibility status. To correct this I set all visibilities in SQL for a value of 4 (Catalog, Search)

Now in the backend the products are all loaded and correct visibility. But in the front end they are not displayed. The only way to sort this out is to click on the product and click save. After it has been manually saved it displays (no changed just saved)

Have cleared cash and tried to index from settings but with no luck.

Would be EXTREMELY greatful if someone could guide me in the correct direction. Thanks.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Store_Manager
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  867

Hello,

Actually I have the solution for you that helps to set visibility status to 4 (Catalog, Search).

You can do it using the application called Store Manager in 2 ways - by import or using built-in it tool called Multi-editor.

Here is a free 14-days trial of the application - http://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect/store-manager-for-magento.html
It is desktop one, so you can do all the changes locally.

So you can change visibility status via import - you need to update this column without having to re-import all data. You need only column with SKu for identification and column with visibility status with numbers 4 (it stands for Catalog, Search).

Other option - you can change visibility status via Multi Editor of Store Manager. All you need is to choose products - right-click, choose Product Multi Editor and for Visibility change in drop-down - Catalog, Search. But note, it can be done within one attribute set only. So you can beforehand filter the products by attribute sets.

Please, let me know if it was helpful.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community