I just transferred my Magento 1.6.1 to a new server and it seems there is a problem with the “index.php” part of my URLs.
Let me give you some details about the transfer process:
1) Uploaded all folders and files to the new server in a folder called “shop”
2) Uploaded the .sql file via phpMyAdmin
3) Changed secure_url and unsecure_url form http://micro-scooters.gr/ to http://microscooters-cyprus.com/shop/
4) Configured the local.xml file
5) Configured the “connect” file in “download” folder
6) Changed the URLs in store views
7) Deleted cache and re-indexed data
8) Cleaned browser cache
The shop seems to work at home page but when I visit a category I get a “The requested URL /shop/default/maxi-micro was not found on this server.”
If I add index.php in the same URL like http://www.microscooters-cyprus.com/shop/index.php/default/maxi-micro/ it works fine.
If I disable URL Rewrite, it adds index.php in URL and works fine.
What I need is to have my URLs work correctly without the index.php like thr shop in the previous server, which by the way is at the same company.
I suppose is something in .htaccess but I cannot find that file in root folder.