Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

import isbn and qty. 

EthanD

Total Posts:  11

I have tried Magmi and it works to import most of my product attributes, but for some reason it did not import my isbn or qty.  Any thing I need to do to get this to work?  They are both required items to have, so I think this may be my issue with not being able to see my inventory on the front end.
Dweeves - thanks for creating this!  What would have taken over 24 hrs to do through magento, I was able to do in under an hour.  I imported over 78,000 items of inventory.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Store_Manager
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  867

Hi there,

What I can advice you is to carefully check if your “Manage stock” is set to “yes”. Since if it is not, then you will not be able to manage your quantity.

Generally, if you uploaded the data during import form the file, then you had to correctly assign columns of your file “Manage stock” (usually when you have 1 in file it stands for yes, 0-no) and “Quantity” to the database fields.

If you did not assign during import the column Manage stock or you have 0 values there, then I can offer you how to make it active in bulk without making re-import. For that purpose you can use Store Manager for Magento - http://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect/store-manager-for-magento.html (trial version is available, it is free and fully functional)

Particularly all you need to do using this application is to select necessary products (to choose all press CTRL+A), right-click choose Multi Editors - Inventory Multi Editor and there set Manage stock to “yes”

You can try it out if you like and then report your feedback here.

Magento Community
Magento Community

EthanD

Total Posts:  11

thanks for the reply.  My Manage stocks is set to yes.  Any other items I might try?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Store_Manager
Enthusiast

Hello,

What else I can offer you is to try to update quantity from your Admin. If it works, then try to re-import, but update only quantity - e.g. have SKU for identification and Quantity for making changes.

If it won’t help, let me know, so we could find other way-outs.

Magento Community
Magento Community

stutino

Total Posts:  3

hi all, im having what may be a simiar issue with the built-in import feature of community v1.7.

ive succesfully used the import fetaure of community edition to update prices in bulk. however, I noticed qty is not getting updated. my csv simply consisted of [sku, price, qty]. actually, it appears it may even have just cascaded the qty for row1 all the way down the list. but i can’t necessarily confirm at this point since they are all the same now. do you have any further insight into this issue? -thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community

VinzSyd

Total Posts:  1

stutino - 19 September 2012 10:06 AM

hi all, im having what may be a simiar issue with the built-in import feature of community v1.7.

ive succesfully used the import fetaure of community edition to update prices in bulk. however, I noticed qty is not getting updated. my csv simply consisted of [sku, price, qty]. actually, it appears it may even have just cascaded the qty for row1 all the way down the list. but i can’t necessarily confirm at this point since they are all the same now. do you have any further insight into this issue? -thanks

i am having the same issue ... any resolution to this?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Store_Manager
Enthusiast

Hello Stutino and VinzSyd,

What I can offer you in this situation is to add to your file for import column - Manage stock and set in this column for each product value - 1. Save the file and import it again.

In case you do not want to avoid manual work with your file, you can use free 2-weeks version of Store Manager for Magento tool offered above. Using it you will be able to add columns and set default values in them on the fly right in the process of import.

Hope it helps.

Magento Community
Magento Community

TOx1c

Total Posts:  9

When importing product quantities, Magento replicates first row quantity. This is a bug.

Please see http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/288602/P15/#t431529 for solution.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community