Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Can Magento manage an apartment rental? 

dranco

Total Posts:  2

Hi,
I’m searching the way to build a booking site for holiday apartments, around different cities and countries.
My questions are the following:

1. Can magento manage apartments instead of a product? for instance i don’t need a shopping chart, in fact the “product” is only one.
2. Price of every item (apartment) could vary from time to time (season prices or special discount, eg “last minute”. Can I personalize this?
3. Are there any plugin especially designed for renting apartments?
4. I also woulfd need a back-office site where property owners are setting available/or not, change price, costumize some of the apartment features
5. Gateway with italian Banca Sella ( asking too much?)

Thanks a lot for help, i hope for a reply!

Andrea, Rome, Italy.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

iKantam_

Total Posts:  89

Magento is not the best choice for your type of project.

Magento Community
Magento Community

aheadWorks
Guru

Total Posts:  424

Have a look at our Booking and Reservations module.

It has flexible booking/reservation options:

1. Flexible \"exclude days\” rules: Similar to ‘blackout’ days with airlines, prevent bookings/reservations for certain dates

2. Option to set billable periods by “day” or “hours”: makes this extension suitable for date-time-date and time-based products, e.g. hotel room/consulting attendance/rental products

3. Set available times for bookings and reservations, e.g. reservations can be made only from 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM

4. Specify date and time period of product availability, making this extension useful for products that are available for limited time periods such as a particular play or movie

4. Allow multiple reservations for the same time based on available quantity of the bookable product: for example, a car wash with 3 boxes could allow 3 reservations in the same time slot

See the product description and try the demo on the product page: http://www.ecommerce.aheadworks.com/magento-extensions/booking-and-reservations.html

Magento Community
Magento Community

FMEExtensions
Mentor

Total Posts:  1298

dranco - 22 August 2012 04:17 AM

Hi,
I’m searching the way to build a booking site for holiday apartments, around different cities and countries.
My questions are the following:

1. Can magento manage apartments instead of a product? for instance i don’t need a shopping chart, in fact the “product” is only one.

Here is how Magento can use apartments, Add a product (apartment) , By using Bookings and reservation extension you will be able to set this product (apartment) as bookable.

2. Price of every item (apartment) could vary from time to time (season prices or special discount, eg “last minute”. Can I personalise this?

Definitely you can, not just seasonal pricing but you will also be able to set tier pricing (create your own pricing rules). Read more information on tier pricing of Booking and Reservation extension.

3. Are there any plugin especially designed for renting apartments?

Booking and reservation is designed for any kind for bookable/renting product or service such as hotel rooms, massage, therapies etc.

4. I also would need a back-office site where property owners are setting available/or not, change price, customise some of the apartment features

With Bookings and reservations extension you can create employees/staff members and assign them specific roles. You can also create separate accounts in Magento for your property owners who would be able to login and then update pricing.

Here are some more interesting features you get with our Bookings and Reservations Extension. To view complete list of features please visit our website where you will find “How to Use it” along with snapshots.

* · Configurable timings when booking for any service/product (in your case apartment)
* · Completely customizable calendar view
* · Tier Pricing supported , create your own pricing strategy
* · You can configure timings for each day or configure any day as off, Its easy and simple.
* · Services/Products can be booked for any period of time such as from 11 AM – 1 PM
* · Create your own time slots
* · Configure each service to be “mobile” meaning it can be offered at home
* · Set pricing per Mile/Kilometer in case service is performed at home
* · Cron job automatically sends all bookings and reservation information along with updates to admin

Read more details here at our website.... Magento Bookings and Reservation Module by FME

5. Gateway with italian Banca Sella ( asking too much?)

Yes thats a little too much

Thanks a lot for help, i hope for a reply!

Andrea, Rome, Italy.

Magento Community
Magento Community

ashokverma

Total Posts:  9

Magento extensions have all solutions for eCommerce websites and stores. Most of companies are developing magento extensions, for exampleIP Locking extensions, booking extensions, New extensions, partial payment extension, booking and reservation extension can use for hotels, apartments, event organizers, travel agencies and clinic.

Magento Community
Magento Community

jimmyjjohn

Total Posts:  5
Arizona

Thanks
Sailing Holidays Croatia

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community