Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Customer Service Phone Order

brushwoodnursery

Total Posts:  23
Philly,PA USA

We’ve finally come to realize how much $ we’re leaving on the table with our internet-suspicious, non websazzy customer base. We will be accepting orders by phone this spring. I’ve built a page in the catalog to allow the person at our end to navigate the products quickly (all on 1 page without all the fluff). This would be a good feature to add. If done at the front end of the shop, it would integrate smoothly with any custom mods folks add later in the data flow. There’s no real advantage to placing it in the admin panel as far as I can see.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

mr_dimsum

Total Posts:  35

I believe that administrators can place orders right inside the admin panel. So in the event of a customer order, this would probably be the way to fulfill things.

Magento Community
Magento Community

brushwoodnursery

Total Posts:  23
Philly,PA USA

OK, I’m guilty of asking before test driving. I have loaded it in my sandbox and I’m checking it out now. yes, I see the backend order function now. No real need for it to be back there but if it’s quick, then let it be. Speaking of speed, it does seem to be sluggish all around. I remember something about that mentioned here. Hope it’s resolved before final release.

Magento Community
Magento Community

JMT

Total Posts:  3
Hyères, France

Hello everybody!

I am new on the forum and on Magento. I read a lot of posts to learn as fast as possible to use this wonderfull tool. I have a question: I have the same need of accepting orders by phone, or by paper (ads in magazines), and I want to give a better price, for example 2 euros of rebate, for people ordering by internet. How can I do? I didn’t find a condition in the admin to do that.

Jean-Marc, France

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community