Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Multiple images for a category

vidhulac

Total Posts:  33
Bangalore

hi

can anybody assist me how to add a new field in category in admin so that i can upload more that one images for a category.

i mean to say that i want something similar to multiple upload facility of product to be implemented for category also. i want to display the images in the home page and show different images at different time for the same category.

e.g. i will upload 10 images for one category. first time the first image should come then after 30 seconds the image should be changed to the second one and then to the next.

for the second category, i might only upload 6, for third 15, for fourth 2 etc.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

ANDY-UK

Total Posts:  29

I also need this..it doesnt need to be timed on page reload would be fine.

Magento Community
Magento Community

luftika

Total Posts:  1

Does anyone know a solution for this problem? I would also interested in this ...

Magento Community
Magento Community

stratoship2999

Total Posts:  4

You can upload multiple images by simply uploading the csv with commas and send them all in with one file. Make sure you know the exact root folder in your host server where you place all your images. The best way to do so is to organize your host server folders similar to how you would for your own site directory. That way it is easier to remember and reference.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community