Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Install the OsCommerce importer without update Magento

nk82

Total Posts:  9

Currently I have installed Magento 1.1.8 but when I try to install the OsCommerce importer, Magento Connect automatically updates to the latest version of Magento than doesn’t work with the importer.

I need this importer because my store has over 5000 articles and change it from OsCommerce manually isn’t a viable solution.

Anybody knows how to manually install the importer without upgrade Magento or another solution?

Thanks.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

MageParts
Guru

Total Posts:  415

Well, I don’t know if it helps. But I suppose you always export your entire product list? See Magento’s import is painfully slow due to all the checkups of existing products. At least, that was my conclusion after trying to speed it up in version 1.1.8. Thus if you would like a faster import you could export a file with nothing but title fields. That would save you a lot of time, I think.

A better solution would be to let Magento cache the last file exported. Then compare the imported file with that file upon import (as long as the same profiles were used of course). That could speed the whole thing up quite a bit I think. I’ll be working more with the import functionality during february.

Hope it helps though smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

nk82

Hi Bockbertill, thanks for your answer but it isn’t a speed problem. My problem is that currently the OsCommerce Importer doesn’t work with any Magento version newer than 1.1.8.

It shouldn’t be a problem because 1.1.8 works perfectly for me but when I try to install this extension, Magento Connect automatically upgrades the Magento core and the installed Magento Importer doesn’t work.

Magento Community
Magento Community

MageParts
Guru

Total Posts:  415

Ah I see, then my post doesn’t really apply here I suppose. Sorry red face

Magento Community
Magento Community

nk82