Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

How do I import associated products to grouped products? 

nikkimalec

Total Posts:  14

Hi all,

I’m running the latest version of M. I have figured out how to import products and images, but for some reason I can not get the associated skus of simple products to stick to their grouped products.

I have:

1. Created all of the simple products.
2. Created all of the grouped products.
3. Created an associated sku column and tried to append the grouped products.

The process fails at #3. I can not get the associated skus to stick.

When using DataFlow, Export does not even export an associated skus column. When using import/export, there is a column titled _associated_sku, but entering the skus in that column has no effect.

I’ve tried associated_sku and associated_skus in DataFlow. I’ve tried _associated_sku , _associated_skus and associated_sku in Import/Export.

I am using OpenOffice in UTF-8.

There HAS to be a way to do this. I must be doing something wrong.

Please help.

I love you.

Cheers.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

nikkimalec

That is an advertisement, not a solution.

Magento Community
Magento Community

nikkimalec

Also, I just want to say, that…

YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME.

This question relates to core functionality.

I should not be expected to pay $500 to get this to work.

That’s why I chose a n Open solution.

Is Magento actually just a scheme to get people to buy extensions?

I don’t understand. This seems like one of the most basic things in the world.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Store_Manager
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  867

Hi again

Sorry if I led you into confusion. I meant that generally you need to do necessary preparations with your .csv file and within it organize your simple products in the way so they will be assigned to grouped (as I described above). Then you can import that file either from admin or using the Store Manager application. I offered the app because it allows to import also the position of our simple products as well as other useful data. There is 14-days trial, so you can download it for free if you wish.

Magento Community
Magento Community

nikkimalec

"I meant that generally you need to do necessary preparations with your .csv file and within it organize your simple products in the way so they will be assigned to grouped (as I described above)”

Your post provided zero information not related to your extension. Of course I already know that you have to prepare the CSV. The method you described only applies to your extension, not to the Import/Export function.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community