Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Product flash image upload not showing up

BuddyQ

Total Posts:  6

I am running 1.1.8 and when going to the backend to enter products, I can’t upload images. The flash does NOT show up so I can’t choose any files to upload.

I have the latest Flash player and flash works on all other sites.

I have checked file permissions on:

public_html/magento/skin/adminhtml/default/default/media/uploader.swf

they are at 644 but I tried others like 777 but still didn’t show up.

Please help me!! The system is useless without the ability to have images.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

JLHC
Mentor

Total Posts:  1287
Tampa, FL

You may want to try to create a php.ini file in your Magento root directory with the following content:-

magic_quotes_gpc = off
short_open_tag = on
extension=pdo.so
extension=pdo_mysql.so

Magento Community
Magento Community

BuddyQ

I already have a php5.ini in there and i added what you gave me and it did nothing.

Magento Community
Magento Community

JLHC
Mentor

Tampa, FL

What about renaming php5.ini to php.ini?

Magento Community
Magento Community

BuddyQ

I did that as well. Nothing changed.

Since then. I upgraded Magento to the latest through SSH. And my template and Magento are online but I STILL cannot even see the browse button.

Someone mentioned Java so i installed the latest Java, the latest Flash player, updated Magento, created the php5.ini and php.ini you said and still does not show up.

I am SO interested in why this doesn’t work.

Buddy

Magento Community
Magento Community

JLHC
Mentor

Tampa, FL

Well is this the first time you have tried using Magento? If so there may be some incompatibilities with the server you are on. You may want to try contacting your hosting provider about this to see whether they have any way of resolving it.

Magento Community
Magento Community

BuddyQ

Okay well its fixed.

I upgraded through SSH. Upgraded everything and reinstalled Flash. Then I tried it in IE, and it worked. Then I saw the code through FireBug was no recognizing the Flash player as being installed for whatever reason. I had my computer on for several days with sleeping it about 10 times in those days and a good restart kicked it in. So I think it was my computer on the fritz for the second half. Although the problem did exist with other computers and those in the #magento irc room.

However, it seems to be fine now. Not exactly sure why but whatever.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community